New Star Trek TOS Series!

This one's cool. A group of ST fans has gotten together and is producing their own version of the 4th and 5th seasons of Star Trek: TOS. Usually, that'd mean amateur hour like that poor "Darth Maul Kid," but these guys actually put together a very reasonable replica of the sets, and have done SFX that rival the stuff done on the current official ST shows. Check it out (so long as they're at Paramount's mercy)

www.5yearmission.com

The production values seem to be pretty high for a Trek fan film. Nurse Chapel also looks pretty hot. Good actors, great looking sets, costumes, and CG (for a TOS series). :p

I agree. The acting and writing stinks on ice. But at least the SFX is there :p

It may suck, but it stays close to the spirit of the original show.

I've never seen the original show. Was the acting that bad as well?

Not terribly. William Shatner's very...staccato...acting style takes a little getting used to. But he did have a lot of acting chops before. He was actually an understudy for Christopher Plummer when they were both in a Canadian Shakespeare company in the 50s, and he made his break in two very well-done films: The Brothers Karamazov and Judgement at Nuremburg. (Doesn't excuse his screaming like a li'l girly Starfleet Cap'n in "Kingdom of the Spiders," though :p )

Most of the other stars of the series had long careers behind them as well: Name a western, and DeForest Kelley was probably in it, for instance.

Personally the only acting i really have a problem with is Chekov with his lousy accent, though he would be helped by saying something other than aye captain, and Uhura who just sounds like shes forcing it. McCoy is kinda overacting but im happy with Kirk and Spock.

As for Sulu, well hes at command school apparently.

While we're on the subject on Star Trek. Did anyone see this weeks episode of Enterprise? The NX-01 was left in flames, it was one of the BEST episodes of this season. B))

While we're on the subject on Star Trek. Did anyone see this weeks episode of Enterprise? The NX-01 was left in flames, it was one of the BEST episodes of this season. B))

I completely lost interest with enterprise after the 1st few eps of season 3. <_<

I completely lost interest with enterprise after the 1st few eps of season 3. <_<

That's too bad because the 3rd season has really been the strongest so far. It's too bad that the suits at CBS are THIS close to axing Enterprise. :(

I can't live without MY baby. :p (She's mine MW'ers....stay away)

post-26-1078643737.jpg

I completely lost interest with enterprise after the 1st few eps of season 3.  <_<

That's too bad because the 3rd season has really been the strongest so far. It's too bad that the suits at CBS are THIS close to axing Enterprise. :(

I can't live without MY baby. :p (She's mine MW'ers....stay away)

<_< Woof, man. You can have her.