Hmm, shareholders calling for Eisner to step down

Effect

Another vote for Disney to release season collections of various cartoons series they've picked up (90's Marvel shows, Teknoman).

Yet for the all public complaining, he seems to have an insane majority of shareholders supporting him. Stupid silent majority, vocal minority :/

Cyc

Higher ups at Disney have been calling for Eisner's resignation for a very long time. His business practices have been costing Disney left and right. Their movies have been getting worse and worse, and not just the stories, but Disney's been cutting the quality of their animation as well.

Now Pixar's moved on, and Disney has closed their tradtional animation studios, which are what made Disney to begin with, and are trying to create a CG studio much like Pixar, but under tighter Eisner control.

Disney has very rough times ahead if they don't oust him. They can survive only so long on their prestige and past success. If they keep getting worse like this, than eventually the money coming in won't be as much as what's going out, and then it's only a matter of time before the company collapses under it's own weight.

Now Pixar's moved on, and Disney has closed their tradtional animation studios, which are what made Disney to begin with, and are trying to create a CG studio much like Pixar, but under tighter Eisner control.

What happened with Pixar?

And I've always really disliked Disney, so I can't say I'm too broken up over them facing hard times.

I'm just hoping that if Eisner steps down disney will release the studio ghibli films they have in theaters. Would be nice to see a good dub of Nausicaa of the valley of the wind. I think they have the right to a lot more of Ghibli's films also. Would also like to see a good dub of Porco Rosso.

Quite simply, Pixar's contract was up and they had little to no interest in renewing. They didn't like working under Disney too much, and were really looking forward to doing their own thing.