Bandai Mission 3 Gashapon Figures

Gerwalker

I've finally received my Bandai Mission 3 Gashapon Figures. In another post I asked about their scale and nobody repplied so I can finally answer that question by myself :D

The VF-1s both Gerwalks and Battroids are in ~1/170 scale according to the dimensions in Macross Compendium. I've messured the wing span from the gerwalks and the hight to the top of the head in battroid (not the antenna) and both gave me the same result: ~1/169

The Q-rau is smaller in scale: 9cm from feet to the tip of the antenna, that is something around 1/200th scale, good for my Nichimos!!! (hey!! could this be the never released 1/200 Nichimo Q-Rau???? ) B))

BTW: I ordered a box of ten from HLJ and receive three Hikaru's VF-1A, two Glaugs, two Miria's Gerwalks, two Max's gerwalks and one Q-Rau. I'm rather pissed off because HLJ says that they come in a sealed box so they cannot assure which gashapons they are sending. Mines came into an open white thin cardboard box and was very easy to see the toys into their transparent egss...I mean: three red VF-1A and none VF-1S!!...at leats I have a Q-Rau.

Good for you! How much did you get them?

2000 Yens for the ten gashapons + shipping, in my case that makes 326Yens each one...

I can't find references about the Nichimo Q-rau (I'm sure there were some in the main MW site)

I check out the MW main site and I see what you mean. Can you post some pics of them?

BTW: I ordered a box of ten from HLJ and receive three Hikaru's VF-1A, two Glaugs, two Miria's Gerwalks, two Max's gerwalks and one Q-Rau. I'm rather pissed off because HLJ says that they come in a sealed box so they cannot assure which gashapons they are sending. Mines came into an open white thin cardboard box and was very easy to see the toys into their transparent egss...I mean: three red VF-1A and none VF-1S!!...at leats I have a Q-Rau.

You know, you could get it through "normal" means and guranteed you'd get everything in the collection instead of HLJ's randomness.

Like for the K&M figs

http://www.xl-shop.com/xlshop/pages/produc...uctId=KM-030262

and the Mission 3

http://www.xl-shop.com/xlshop/pages/produc...ctId=BAN-220394

You can also hitup the toy dealers here for complete sets too. Last time I checked, Noel (Blackaces) and Toy-Wave had complete sets for close to the same price as a boxed set. Check the dealer section.

Thanks for the advices. I have an easy click on HLJ...

As for pics: I will try to take some and post them later. Yesterday I puth a Nichimo super Battroid next to the Q-Rau ant they look very well toghther, scale wise, I mean.

I would be interesting to see if there is some relation between the NIchimo Q-rau and this. Where are the pics from Nichimo??

• 2 weeks later...
An last, comparisson with Nichimo's Glaug (not finished yet) The gasahpon seems to be a little smaller than the plastic model, so I assume that is in 1/200 scale or smaller:

Well, IIRC, the Nichimo kits are not known for having accurate proportions or being in correct scale.

Don't get me wrong, I think they're great. I have several myself and they look good (except for the Valks, they could never make those look right).

Finally I took some pics of the little mechs. The room where I have them now is perfumed by the stink of PVC...

First pic, group without Glaug:

Call me crazy, but that Q-Rau looks better than the Yamato one.

:blink:

Oooops seems like I've reported your post by mistake!!!

This is the TV series version and IMHO looks better than the DYRL's version Yamato made...

An last, comparisson with Nichimo's Glaug (not finished yet) The gasahpon seems to be a little smaller than the plastic model, so I assume that is in 1/200 scale or smaller:

Well, IIRC, the Nichimo kits are not known for having accurate proportions or being in correct scale.

Don't get me wrong, I think they're great. I have several myself and they look good (except for the Valks, they could never make those look right).

You are right about that. The valks are the ugliests (but even better than Arii's) The Bandai gashapon valks are really very well sculpted (the best in this small scale IMHO). The Battroids look very well and the gerwalks too but they suffer from Gashapon illness mostly in the gun and backpack.

The VF-1s both Gerwalks and Battroids are in  ~1/170 scale according to the dimensions in Macross Compendium. I've messured the wing span from the gerwalks and the hight to the top of the head in battroid (not the antenna) and both gave me the same result: ~1/169

If you measure a Yamato 1/60 or 1/48 in battroid, I think you'll find that the height of a battroid is measured to the tip of the head lasers, not the top of the head. And the pic with a 1/170 Arii and 1/200 Nichimo seems to show that the Bandai gashapon is somewhere between the two in height.

Still, you got 1/170 for the wingspan measurement...

In theory, the difference in height between a 1/170 and 1/200 would be about 11 mm.

Edit: Thanks for the pics!

Edited by ewilen

They are approximately 1/200 - very close in sizze to the Nichimo model kits. You won't find a picture of a Nichimo Q-Rau because they never got around to making one. Or a Nousjadel-Ger.

BTW I'm in the market for Regult pods if anybody has extra!

Yes I know they (Nichimo) never produced the Q-rau but I remember some pre-production model pics or something like that in the main site (maybe I just imagined them? )

As for the scale (this was already discussed in the first posts of this thread): if you look at the pics I posted you can see that the VF batt are higher than Nichimo's VFs and the same size as the Arii 1/170, which coincides with my hight and wing span (in gerwalks) meassurements.

The enemy mechs seems to be in 1/200.

As for the Q-rau face: It snaps eassily (I thought it would be glued) and I put it in the correct possition.