Must see VF image!

xstoys

I don't know but I thought this caption was funny:

This painting was featured as a demonstration for the Airbrush Pin-up class I taught with Ron Shuey and Jennifer Janesko. It was my first attempt at painting a realistic female figure.

(Emphasis mine.)

Good Lord , I can´t stop to be amazed at this guy masterpiece , I mean , I almost pissed my pants , really nice technique even though his proportions a bit off , but for just 4 hrs of work you can´t ask for more , specially since it´s just a fanwork.

awesome , we have to convinve this guy to make more of this precious works. :lol:

I'm no expert, but I think it's supposed a VF-0, look at the shape of the arms, and the plane to the left rear. Except that the canards are only on the D (I think...) and the head looks like it has four head lasers, errrnt, wrong. I also don't remember there being any intake on the top of the wings. Owell, I tried.

*EDIT* Ok, second look, maybe a VF-11?

It's not supposed to any VF, geez i don't understand why wanna get technical over jets with legs, the reason we love stuff so much is cause its beyond real but with the possilbity of being...

just appreciate it, and u need to learn how to critize in a positive manner dood :p

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

i agree. i mostly hang out in more art related boards now. less macross. though i still do alot of macross. the criticism is some times ridiculous, so caught up in what you think you know. as an artist i really dont feel like posting on MW anymore. i appriciate the "helpfull constructive" critics from other talented artists working in my field and more art related boards.

it seemed apparent to me that the image was only perhaps... a tribute to the macross universe. just someone's fun art project. I have never known the artist to even say it was macross related in other posts from the site it was taken from. just that he was a fan. here on MW was where I started to hear it was a VF... if there was a mistake... it wasn't from the artist. it was the assumption that it was a vf-whatever!

sorry if i seem harsh. if you dont understand my position. this is it in a nut shell. the artist your talking about i have a tremendous amount of respect for. as someone i look up to. i nearly flew out of my chair to read the buzzer sound in reffrence to his work. a bit more calm now i can say. look at the work for what it is. that alone makes it amazeing... then. be glad its a jet with legs. thats an added bonus...

ps. wonderful days is a new anime coming out. great visuals. some cg even minitures were used. though it has nothing to do with jin roh. I may misunderstand and your referring to some of his other work.

appologies to all MW'ers sorry if im late. thought i would look around as its been a while. and the offending comment was addressed... i will still leave my rant. but appologies for being late. :rolleyes:

Edited by Ruak