Question about:

fifbeat

When the VF-1A Hikaru Valkyrie 1/60 (Yamato) came out, I bought it. This was the "bright" white first issue (I believe). I wasn't happy with it. It looked good, but now -- even though it's only been transformed and screwed with probably no more than 14 times -- it's very loose. It's hard to get it to stand in battroid mode (one leg is more loose than the other) and in gerwalk mode, the legs have a problem staying on (!). Basically, this is the reason I didn't go on collecting the 1/60 series. Though, they're nowhere as near as bad as the MPC t hat Toynami put out, I thought the 1/60s were engineered sweet, but built very poorly.

My question is: I'm thinking about getting the 1/60 VE-1 Elintseeker and the 1/60 VT-1 Super Ostrich. Now, I've read through this site (MW), and it seems there have been updates here and there as the 1/60's came out throughout the months...

So, should I get them; or will i have the same problems with loose parts and legs?

Please let me know.

1/48 Skull 1 is coming to my door on Monday. :D I can't wait.

BTW, next time you might want to make a clear topic title

these "teasers" don't have a big fanbase,...

it would also save a mod from having to read your topic and close it since we have a Pinned topic

at the top of the toy-threads dealing with valk problems and solutions: "What's wrong with my...."

All my 1/60s stay in fighter mode due to their nature to become floppy over time... combine that with a ten minute transform time with parts swaps needed from your parts pile and 1/60s become a real hassle to own.

Buy them if you like them but I'd say "play" with them as little as possible and leave them for "display only" like I do. Heck, even sitting in your display cabinets with no outside pressures the 1/60 yammies start to droop over time.

Aw shucks, just buy some 1/48s! :p

All the 1/60's have some kind of problem or other (especially in the low-hanging gunpods in fighter mode), but most of them were fixed by the releases of Hikaru's VF-1J Super Valkyie.

Unfortunately, with final release of the twin-seaters, the Super Ostrich and Elintseeker have been known to have a problem with their redesigned chestplates and require some toy surgery if you want it to transform properly. The attraction of the 1/60s is still in the line's greater variety, affordability, upcoming enemies (and maybe Destroids) in the same scale, and perhaps slightly better proportions in the Battroid Mode over all other transformable versions.