Doyusha VF-1 Triumvirate

drifand

You know those slightly expensive, all-metal 1/144 scale VF-1 fighters? Since they're permanently in fighter mode, they really deserve to be seen in flight formation instead of just sitting squat on my shelves, so I plucked off the landing gears and made a little custom stand for THREE of them, the VF-1S and the M&Ms.

Of the lot, Milia's VF had a bit of trouble as the nose gear was glued to the fuselage. Thankfully, HLJ had a sale on these puppies some time back and I managed to snag a couple of spares for cheap. So after several tries to pry the gear off, I finally snapped it clean off instead.

As for the stand, the base is actually a translucent gray 'Page Up' document holder. It's nicely weighted down and the material is strong enough to support the 3 loops of wire I used to prop up the VFs. I also used some spare stickers of the Macross symbol and U.N. SPACY on the base. So after a bit of mecha-ikebana, here's the trio in a starburst formation! Yay! :-)

01.jpg

As seen in front of the large SDF-1...

02.jpg

And a close up.

Veddy-niiice!!!

I think there should be a TLC show where drifand comes to your house with a load of cash and TOYS and gives your room a makeover!!

:rolleyes::D

now THATS reality TV baby,,,,BAM! hell yes, a monster house VALK style B)) working SDF-1 launch arm as an easychair

Veddy-niiice!!!

I think there should be a TLC show where drifand comes to your house with a load of cash and TOYS and gives your room a makeover!!

:rolleyes::D

LOL! Now that's an idea for a second career! Seriously, the stationery dept at the local bookstore has been a great place to hunt for display knicknacks. I've bought loads of clear acrylic note stands, name holders, clear CD cases etc. Just let your imagination run free and have fun.

About the Doyushas, 2980 yen is definitely too ex for such a little toy even if it's sold in a nifty little jewel box. But if you manage to get them for less like when some of them they went on sale for about 1500 yen, I don't think you'll regret it. Besides, until we get revised Macross Plus toys, the Doyusha YF-19 and 21 are simply the nicest completed versions of them in fighter mode you can get for your money.

Very nice display. Let me nitpick a little: those VFs are UAVs? They have no pilot!! (Or you managed to put a pilot in???)

Another good idea to display them is to put them on one of those DML Blast Off cat-launch dioramas. They are in 1/144 and come with deck crew and trucks (and also a tomcat, a F-18 or a A-6...)

Here is a nice review:

1/144 F-18 Blast Off kit

Very nice display. Let me nitpick a little: those VFs are UAVs? They have no pilot!! (Or you managed to put a pilot in???)

Another good idea to display them is to put them on one of those DML Blast Off cat-launch dioramas. They are in 1/144 and come with deck crew and trucks (and also a tomcat, a F-18 or a A-6...)

Here is a nice review:

1/144 F-18 Blast Off kit

Well, Doyusha never did reach ver 2.0 for their VFs, so nope, no pilots. Not even legless ones! Only consolation is that the canopies are quite thick and hard to see thru. :p

Those Dragon sets looks pretty cool! I could use one of those for my remaining 1/144 Hikaru 1A. Thanks for the link!

Hi GC,

Wish I could, but what time I can squeeze out of work is usually used for more relaxing stuff... like getting more toys! With the arrangements changing every 2~3 months, it's difficult to update them all the time. My Orguss and Macross shelves have changed quite a bit from the pix on my site... and the Orguss portion is more like this today. I've also 'rotated out' my space gobbling Sentai ships for a big chunk of Gundam stuff. And my bro's shelf for SOCs is also quite different now with the addition of the Getters, etc. Our Kamen Riders have also been updated.

Hopefully, sometime middle of the year I'll get round to redoing the whole site with a cleaner design. :-)