macross since 1983/another story

akt_m

just like macross vfx-2 special edition, macross since 1983/another story are not found in any share net. so, i m just asking if someone that has this game is able to upload it to im4 or share in ed2k or bt. probably i m not going to play it from the star to the end (i only finished mac+ me; others like scramble valk,vo, voxp ,vfx and vfx2 were to dificult for me).

Edited by akt_m

• 4 weeks later...

i think i have it ,if i remember correctly i never got it to work.

it had something to do with it needed to be installed on a chinese version of windows or something .

ill see if i can find it and ill add it on shareaza as thats the p2p i use.

Okay its on there, i used clonecd4 to make the image so there are 3 files.

macrossas.ccd

macrossas.img

macrossas.sub

shareaza uses the gnutella2/1 and emule/edonkey networks for sharing .

(it can also be used to download bittorrent files )

so it should show in those clients searches also.(exept bittorrent)

if i dont get an answer here within the 2 weeks ill take it of my server as

it will then seem like there is no interest in these files.

let me know if you get it too work as i can only start the game see the intro and when it starts some stuff but when im about to fly the mission it just turns off and i only hear the music.

i have the origenal cd so it should work ;)

Edited by Rob

i take it this is what ur looking for.

(uri)

ed2k://|file|macrossas.sub|22363776|0261ad45be1fc7f34940cf66bc1edc2c|/

ed2k://|file|macrossas.img|547912512|6e1cff876cd949fd5c138aae23d29b4b|/

ed2k://|file|macrossas.ccd|7100|c6486013d49200c61756742f5d16b771|/

let me know if it works.

in ed2k i see only robsth3 (shareaza.com). but until now i wasnt able to download a kb, i am always at queue place:400. Mellow Yellow you may have to use edonkey2000, in the overnet forums i saw that edonkey is better to find rare files with a small number of sources but it is slower than overnet when it is downloading popular files. i don´t know if it is true but you should try it or emule.

ed2k://|file|macrossas.rar|334072053|f55f90a9a7e910855756ebab49e45ad6|/

kewl its now 318 mb only. ;) (used winrar 3)

alot better :lol:

I have been using overnet/edonkey for a while, however I have never used a web address to find anything. How do you find files other than typing a subject in the search box?

well the thing is that im downloading some other stuff thats why u are allways in queue as this works with upload points or something the ppl who want something of mine and have what im dling have preference.

i'll check on if i can make it torrent.but it think that works the same way.

Okay i checked on making this an bittorrent but its to much of a fuzz hehehe.

Sooo i desided to just open up a small ftp server that has only this file on it.

Bandwidth i have is limmited so no more then 2 users allowed .

If you want access to the game just pm me and give me your mw username and the passw you want to use and ill add you to it and give you the info needed to connect .

U should be able to enter with any ftp client program.

aktm is allraidy on the user list as i pmed him the details.

I have the original of Macross Since 1983. It's a fun game, but a little repetative. I've tried burning a copy, but the copy I made never worked. Never could figure out what I was doing wrong.

I also have a bootleg of Another Story, but could never get it to run on my PC. :( The best I got was being able to view the intro movie, which was pretty cool.

I also have the original of the special edition of VF-X2. Although I can copy PS games, I absolutely refuse to make copies of this, so don't even ask me.

Graham

I have the original of Macross Since 1983. It's a fun game, but a little repetative. I've tried burning a copy, but the copy I made never worked. Never could figure out what I was doing wrong.

I also have a bootleg of Another Story, but could never get it to run on my PC. :( The best I got was being able to view the intro movie, which was pretty cool.

I also have the original of the special edition of VF-X2. Although I can copy PS games, I absolutely refuse to make copies of this, so don't even ask me.

Graham

hmmm maybe i got a bootleg then as i have the same prob.

i can watch the intro ,when it starts i can see some ppl talking (text)

and when im about to fly it just stops but i can hear the music and so but im in my windows desktop.

I probably got ripped off hahaha :lol:

Oh well try it out and see if you can make it work.

All the guy who sold me this told me is that you need a chinees windows

version or some program installed to translate the text ,i cant remember how it was called but i remember trying it out but got the same results.

Alright I finally finished downloading the game from Rob (thx again Rob =) And got it working. You gotta change your regional settings to japanese to play. Theres a bit of static in the sound, and a slight high pitched noise when you click the mouse tho. The game itself is sort of a Starcraft view, and you control your valk shooting stuff all over the map.

Oh yeah, for all those wondering how you change regional settings on your computer, go here:

http://home.comcast.net/~kagamix2/xp-compa...se_setting.html

Edit: I finished the game, and damn that was easy. Ending kinda sucked, but maybe thats just cuz I don't know what's happening in the story :lol:

Edited by Mellow Yellow

imacross 4 server

now has macross another story game

under downloads/macross games/windows pc/ macrossas.rar

I couln't find a bittorrent server that worked with maketorrent v.2.0

Edited by boinger

• 7 months later...

Hi everyone!!

I finished downloaded the Macross Anoter Story from the "Imacross 4 Server" a few days ago. And i got the same problem, i can´t run the game, can see the intro movie, when it starts i can see some character talking a few lines, then stops and go to the windows desktop.

I already tried to use the NJWIN! to see the japanese characters but i get the same problems.

I read here y need set the regional settings to japanese, but this is for win xp or win 2000, and i have win me.

And here is my question ¿there is a way to set the win me to japanese? or my only chance to play the game is to get and install win xp or 2000?

thank