Packing dem 1/48's like prime

FlyingPika

OK, i know this isnt orginal, but surely packing the 1/48s in battorid mode would make the box like half its size?

It wont look as good when kept MIB, but toys are made to be opened ^^.

And im sure yamato assembles the valks in battoird mode anyways.

Could also pack the missles behind/next to the valk.

Hmm I dunno thatr would take away from the aesthetics I believe. that would save a lot of space but im not for it. Especially if they secure it with twistie ties..sick. But I belive its more stable in transit if its in fighter mode since its solid...in battroid theres so many moving parts and such that if shook a certain way, parts are prone to break. thats My IMHO though.

yeah true...

But I'm affraid yamato boxes are only getting larger. <_<

They kinda look more "classy" or less "childish" (all for lack of a better word) when it's in Fighter mode. I guess more like a "hobbyist tranforming fighter" rather than a " HYPER SPACE AVENGER ROBOT WITH TRANFORMING ACTION"(:huh:). uhhh...

I sure yamato has a different reason.

But yeah, I personally don't see the point. Such a waste of shelf space...

oh well... :p

Hmm I dunno thatr would take away from the aesthetics I believe. that would save a lot of space but im not for it. Especially if they secure it with twistie ties..sick. But I belive its more stable in transit if its in fighter mode since its solid...in battroid theres so many moving parts and such that if shook a certain way, parts are prone to break. thats My IMHO though.

I dunno. The first releases of the Mac+ toys were packages in battroid mode and I've never seen any breakage problems because of it. (Once they were out of the packaging, it became a different story) The inter-package for Yamato toys are very secure because they're form fitted.

However, I don't think it will save much room overall as the battroid modes are not usually as "tight" as the fighter modes. That and the fact that Yamato doesn't care. The fact is, if Yamato cared in the least about saving us money on shipping cost by making the packaging smaller, they could have done with the 1/48s what Bandai did with their reissues. (Packed with tailfins folded down and wings swept most of the way.)

And yes, aesthetically, their fighter modes are much nicer to look at.

in battroid theres so many moving parts and such that if shook a certain way, parts are prone to break

ya really think so? ;)

I think it's fragile which ever mode it's in...

Actually, since the wings are tucked away in the battroid, it might even be more stable.

I really think it can get a tad smaller and still not mess with the aesthetic qualties of the box. For example the 1/60 OSTRICH. Heavens, that box is such a waste of space. The box goes to storage anyway, so it doesnt have to look THAT GOOD. :)

My vote is for smaller boxes.

And yes, aesthetically, their fighter modes are much nicer to look at.

They might also be trying to get some customers that's not interested in transformable toys and are aircraft collectors. As a business you usually try to target people that wouldn't normally buy your products not the ones that are already hooked.

Not to mention Kawamori is a big ass aviation buff. Figures that yamato makes the VF-1 in 1/48 scale...a scale that a lot of model aircraft are in. Hell I wouldnt even be surprised if kawamori was hte one who suggested it.

As for battroid packaging. I mean loook at the 1/48. tghat backpack hinge can snap if bent too far up. SO if you shake the box real real rough or the UPS decides to have a superbowl and end it off with a patriot kick(the ball being your valk in box) I am sure the toy might break. The toy aint really fragile but hey I think its a lot less fragile in fighter mode iMHO.

I recently reorganized my closet and found that about 60-70% was all anime related toy boxes, and is steadily growing to encompass the entire closet( - clothes) so I would also be happy if Yamato lowered the size of the 1/48 Valk boxes, as I am saving up to get a few myself.

All they have to do is "close" the wings (not extended like they are now) in fighter mode and pack the weapons and pilot under neath it. They should also use a cardboard closer to what Takara used for Prime, that way it won't dent so easly.

I would personally love it if Yamato used smaller boxes... the break in shipping costs alone would be worth it.

Much less what it's done to my attic full of toy boxes.

I would love it also if Yamato would squeeze down the size of their boxes but where did you guys equate smaller boxes to cheaper shipping costs? The cardboard is very thin and so is the vacuum formed plastic tray. I think the weight reduction is negligible. Perhaps a saving of 200-300 grams per item at the most.

The post office here charges packages by weight at 0.5 KG intervals with a max size per container restriction. I guess for suppliers, it would be cheaper since they can squeeze in more items per container and the sheer volume density would decrease imported prices, but for buyers who buy one at a time, it won't be that much.

Edited by Neova

Well, like Exo mentioned, I think you need to target the people that aren't already hooked and showing off all of the accessories up front is more impressive to me than hiding them behind the toy.

Personally, I am for smaller boxes too but I understand the need for the huge things. I guess if you're really desperate for space you could always...throw the boxes away. *gasp* How dare I say such a thing?! :blink:

I agree with the fact that smaller boxes would be better, but i think the larger boxe3s has to do with the price they are selling their items for. No one wants to spend 100 bucks on a dinky little thing, so they make their boxes huge, and put all the parts out front...its simple marketing. The current packageing makes people feel like they are getting more for what they pay for, its just that simple

I would personally love it if Yamato used smaller boxes... the break in shipping costs alone would be worth it.

Much less what it's done to my attic full of toy boxes.

I would love it also if Yamato would squeeze down the size of their boxes but where did you guys equate smaller boxes to cheaper shipping costs? The cardboard is very thin and so is the vacuum formed plastic tray. I think the weight reduction is negligible. Perhaps a saving of 200-300 grams per item at the most.

The post office here charges packages by weight at 0.5 KG intervals with a max size per container restriction. I guess for suppliers, it would be cheaper since they can squeeze in more items per container and the sheer volume density would decrease imported prices, but for buyers who buy one at a time, it won't be that much.

It would cut down on shipping because the boxes are smaller, thereby there would be more boxes per case... or at least smaller cases.

Weight is not the only issue in shipping. Size of the box is also very important. I know for a fact that if online retailers here in the US could cut their shipping costs, our buying costs would be lower. Same thing with the yen rate.

True, buying directly from the HK, shipping wouldn't be THAT much cheaper, if you're only buying one item... but over the long run, these things add up.

I personally would love it if we could shave ANY sum off of the price tags of these 1/48's... and I think most here agree with me.

I can definitely agree with wanting a smaller box. I was just looking at my wall closet the other day and it covers on whole wall of my room. I have to get so creative with the way I stack the boxes, it's almost like playing live action tetris. :huh:

Edited by >EXO<

I would love to have the damn boxes smaller!!

I shipped a VE-1 / VT-1 Combo to someone in Pennsylvania and they freaking charged me $30 for it!!!! The whole package weighed about 7-8 lbs, but it was the box size that they charged me for.

Anyways, I called them up and got the shipping cost adjusted to go by the weight. If the boxes were smaller I wouldn't run into those damn problems.