If you own a chogokin Evangelion please read

FlyingPika

Hi, been trying to find out the size of these thingies as i am interesting in getting one, but i am having no luck with ebay/hlj/toyboxDX (i thought they would have a review on it but nothing).

So how tall are these suckers, and do you recommend or not recommend getting one if you are a fan of the EVA's, and what are they like compared to the kaiyodo figures?

Thank you ^^

If you can only have one, go with the eva 01 or wait for the chrome 04.

Here's a link to CollectionDX's review of the toy.

JoshB also has a review of the Kaiyodo 02 if you want to compare the two versions...

Personally, its the diecast content that got me sold on the SOC Evas.

I wanted to get one of these for christmas. Sadly I didn't find one :( It would have been in scale with all my other models too- and It would have been Eva02..

:D

Yeah, let's watch Asuka strangle the Gundam.

How do you know it would have been "to scale?" My understanding has always been that there is no official size of an eva (hence no scale on any of the products).

Sure bandai MG are usually 1/100 for Gundam stuff, but their HG is always 1/144...unless you are talking about a show other than Gundam (like Patlabor or Dunbine), which are very different in scale.

The Eva show itself is anything but consistant with the sizes.

I'm just curious to know if you have an official size of an eva, or a product with an accurate scale.

Oh, and back on topic, I do have the SOC Eva-02. It kicks ass (wish it wasn't metallic however). It also has a bit of a loose "chin," which is annoying. All said, it is a good figure (maybe not worth that much money, but what collectables are [besides McFarlane Toys]?)

Well, since Blaine23 hasn't shown up yet, I will be the big toy advocate here.

I had the SOC Eva 02 for a while, and while it is a very neat toy, I just couldn't stand how tiny it was.

The features really were awesome, and the toy is very well built. But IMO there is something very very wrong with a toy I cannot see from across the room on my display shelf.

They are way too small, which really detracts from their stunning detail. Especially given the Eva's slim skinny body style, when conpacted into a 7 inch toy, it just gets swallowed up in comparison to even a MG Gundam.

So, if you "likes em big" this is not the toy for you.

If you want one to display on your desk at work where you are always a few inches away, and can really see the detail up close, then yeah, knock yourself out.

Just my .02

Edited by Mechamaniac

Well, since Blaine23 hasn't shown up yet, I will be the big toy advocate here.

I had the SOC Eva 02 for a while, and while it is a very neat toy, I just couldn't stand how tiny it was.

The features really were awesome, and the toy is very well built. But IMO there is something very very wrong with a toy I cannot see from across the room on my display shelf.

They are way too small, which really detracts from their stunning detail. Especially given the Eva's slim skinny body style, when conpacted into a 7 inch toy, it just gets swallowed up in comparison to even a MG Gundam.

So, if you "likes em big" this is not the toy for you.

If you want one to display on your desk at work where you are always a few inches away, and can really see the detail up close, then yeah, knock yourself out.

Just my .02

LOL... totally agree with you.

It's still the best EVA toy ever produced... great articulation, die-cast content, sculpt, accessories... as much as I love EVA, this is the toy to have.

But I would scream to heavens with praise if it was at least 10" tall... it would be easier to pose, easier to access the cool tiny features like the entry plug... I'd pay twice as much for one right now.

So, like Mechamaniac said... it's a great toy, but not my perfect one. What can I say, size apparently does matter. :p

Hi, thanks for all the info, i went thro all the toyboxdx ramble and couldnt find the review, so thxns Inwards.

Reading the reviews its only 6-7"??? I took a ruler to my kaiyodo figures and realized the chogokin is about the same size or even smaller!!??!

Doesnt any1 have a comparison pic?

thxns

Hi, thanks for all the info, i went thro all the toyboxdx ramble and couldnt find the review, so thxns Inwards.

Reading the reviews its only 6-7"??? I took a ruler to my kaiyodo figures and realized the chogokin is about the same size or even smaller!!??!

Doesnt any1 have a comparison pic?

thxns

Here you go.

All Kaiyodo with the exception of a Chogokin Unit-01

post-26-1076031063_thumb.jpg