1/48 macross plus series

blackjek

picture got taken down but since a lot of japanese fans visit this and put info in their BBS, I am sure that yamato knows that the pic was shown here. SO with that I am sure the japanese fans saw it too and pressure is mounting. So I think maybe in like 1-2 months yuamato wil show us a fully painted sample of some sort. Its about time dont cha think? People know its out thjere so it aint no guarded secret no mo i tell ya. But for those who didnt see it,

1-it didnt have the eva like stature that the fire valk had and the Vf19A sort of had.

2-more in proportion

3-BALLJOINTED HIPS HELL YES!

4-didnt give any indication of swap trasnformation at all.

5-Did it look better than the last yammie YF19? HELL YES IT DID

ACK!!! That’s fine if its gonna just sit on display, but if you "play" with it a lot the ball will wear and the ball/socket will loose tension/friction making it hard to maintain a standing position. I'm always gonna be skeptical about "ball joints"

If you do get one with ball joints, you MUST use a silicone lubricant on the joint (a fly fishing water sealer like "Fly Float" is ideal, 100% silicone and does not attract dust). You can disbelieve me/scoff me now, in a few years you will find out.

picture got taken down but since a lot of japanese fans visit this and put info in their BBS, I am sure that yamato knows that the pic was shown here.  SO with that I am sure the japanese fans saw it too and pressure is mounting.  So I think maybe in like 1-2 months yuamato wil show us a fully painted sample of some sort.  Its about time dont cha think?  People know its out thjere so it aint no guarded secret no mo i tell ya.  But for those who didnt see it,

1-it didnt have the eva like stature that the fire valk had and the Vf19A sort of had.

2-more in proportion

Man, you got me all pumped up & excited! You got a pic of it? :huh:

ACK!!! That’s fine if its gonna just sit on display, but if you "play" with it a lot the ball will wear and the ball/socket will loose tension/friction making it hard to maintain a standing position. I'm always gonna be skeptical about "ball joints"

If you do get one with ball joints, you MUST use a silicone lubricant on the joint (a fly fishing water sealer like "Fly Float" is ideal, 100% silicone and does not attract dust). You can disbelieve me/scoff me now, in a few years you will find out.

In case of an emergency, where can I get the "fly float" stuff? Is it better than coating the ball joint with nail polish?

picture got taken down but since a lot of japanese fans visit this and put info in their BBS, I am sure that yamato knows that the pic was shown here.  SO with that I am sure the japanese fans saw it too and pressure is mounting.  So I think maybe in like 1-2 months yuamato wil show us a fully painted sample of some sort.  Its about time dont cha think?  People know its out thjere so it aint no guarded secret no mo i tell ya.  But for those who didnt see it,

2-more in proportion

Man, you got me all pumped up & excited! You got a pic of it? :huh:

In case of an emergency, where can I get the "fly float" stuff? Is it better than coating the ball joint with nail polish?

Use "fly float" as a preventative measure. It can be purchased in a fishing supply store, in their Fly fishing department. Now it might go under different names, but it’s used to "water proof" fishing flies. Only use Fingernail polish as a last resort (after its worn out), the problem with fingernail polish is that is chips and eventually will bring you back to the problem at hand.

not really....the Vf11B and the 1.48 have ball joints and i dont feel anny looseness....i also play with them a lot,

My question is how long have you been playing with it (LMAO, sorry it just sounds funny the way it reads :D ). I'm not saying that they wear out in a year or two, I'm talking 5, 10, 15 years. I don't know about you, but I want mine to stay display perfect. Bear any acts of god, in which case I am fully willing and capable of suing said god for restitution ;)

Now I know plastics have come a long way over the last decade but I too have had toys with ball joints, crap-crap-crappiest ones. I feel that if I cough up $100+ for a Yamamoto, I'd like it to stay "like new".

Use "fly float" as a preventative measure.  It can be purchased in a fishing supply store, in their Fly fishing department.  Now it might go under different names, but it’s used to "water proof" fishing flies.  Only use Fingernail polish as a last resort (after its worn out), the problem with fingernail polish is that is chips and eventually will bring you back to the problem at hand.

Thanks fo the tip Southcross. Do you know other than "fly float" that can be used as a preventive measure?

Use "fly float" as a preventative measure.  It can be purchased in a fishing supply store, in their Fly fishing department.  Now it might go under different names, but it’s used to "water proof" fishing flies.  Only use Fingernail polish as a last resort (after its worn out), the problem with fingernail polish is that is chips and eventually will bring you back to the problem at hand.

Thanks fo the tip Southcross. Do you know other than "fly float" that can be used as a preventive measure?

There are tons of manufacturers, I only know of the one product name: "Fly Float"

Its 100% silicon and has the consistency of Crisco.

Don't use petroleum products as it can melt or soften plastics, clump, and attract dust.

Oh BTW, you only need a little and just work it into the joint. Too much and you'll be wiping it off every time you play with it (LMAO, sorry still sounds says bad every time I proof read it).

Also don't use any of the "thin" silicon lubes, doesn't "stay" where you put it.

Edited by Southcross

There are tons of manufacturers, I only know of the one product name: "Fly Float"

Its 100% silicon and has the consistency of Crisco.

Don't use petroleum products as it can melt or soften plastics, clump, and attract dust.

Oh BTW, you only need a little and just work it into the joint. Too much and you'll be wiping it off every time you play with it (LMAO, sorry still sounds says bad every time I proof read it).

Also don't use any of the "thin" silicon lubes, doesn't "stay" where you put it.

I know what you mean and thanks.

...the 1/48 and VF11B are good cases with good joints...

Do you think that is what they used for the redsigned YF-19? Were there any hip joint problems with the previous versions?

picture got taken down but since a lot of japanese fans visit this and put info in their BBS, I am sure that yamato knows that the pic was shown here. SO with that I am sure the japanese fans saw it too and pressure is mounting. So I think maybe in like 1-2 months yuamato wil show us a fully painted sample of some sort. Its about time dont cha think? People know its out thjere so it aint no guarded secret no mo i tell ya. But for those who didnt see it,

2-more in proportion

Do you have any pics to substantiate this? :huh: If you were warned by the.........not to reveal it, then I understand.

I didnt save the pics. The original YF19s that yamato made never had ball joints The only macross plus toys with ball joints are the YF21 and the VF11B, THe YF19s had standard rotation joints. So ball joints are always good things aesthetically.

Oh that's too bad! :( Do you know where I can those pics?

Just don't actually post the image, otherwise this thread will have to be deleted too. Copyrite issue still.