Gatchaman Gatchaspartan

Sopadepollo

Hi everyone,

I was going thru my closet and found this piece which I've had for the longest time. I know that it's a Gatchaman Gatchaspartan thingy, but that's all I know.

Can someone please tell me what I have here??

Oh and BTW, is this worth anything???

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Sopadepollo

post-26-1075774678_thumb.jpg

What IS interesting is that this looks to be either a knock-off or unlicensed version of the large Gatcha Spartan by POPY. That's because the box art is rather off-beat and does not have the Bandai or POPY logo in sight. Strangely enough, the inner cover says 'DX POPYNICA SERIES' or something like that at the top-left corner... if you can actually locate a POPY imprint on any of the vehicles, that would make it more legit.

From what I recall, an MIB specimen of the original toy could fetch around US$300 and up...

Upon furthere examination of the vehicles, I found some interesting tidbits.

1) On the actual box, in diferent places, it says,"DX Popinica Series, Gatcher Spartan, and Gatcher 5,"

2) On vehicle No. 1, (the red triangular fighter) there are two stickers on either side that say:"Gatchaman F"

3) On vehicle No. 2, (the blue race car/plane vehicle) there is one large sticker on the back wing that says: "Gatchaspartan... Air Combat Fighter"

4) All five vehicles are part diecast and part plastic.

5) And finally, Under each vehicle there are some markings. They are:

#1 Red Fighter: Singapore, PB-89

#2 Blue car: PB-90

#3 Green Hovercraft: Singapore, PB-91

#4 Black/White Tank: Singapore, PB-92

#5 Yellow Base: Singapore, PB-93

Not sure but could it be that the vehicles themselves are originals in a knock off box? :unsure:

Any Help would be appreciated.

Sopadepollo

PS: I'm thinking about selling these since I'm not into Gatchaman. Will entertain any offers.

Upon furthere examination of the vehicles, I found some interesting tidbits.

1) On the actual box, in diferent places, it says,"DX Popinica Series, Gatcher Spartan, and Gatcher 5,"

2) On vehicle No. 1, (the red triangular fighter) there are two stickers on either side that say:"Gatchaman F"

3) On vehicle No. 2, (the blue race car/plane vehicle) there is one large sticker on the back wing that says: "Gatchaspartan... Air Combat Fighter"

4) All five vehicles are part diecast and part plastic.

5) And finally, Under each vehicle there are some markings. They are:

#1 Red Fighter: Singapore, PB-89

#2 Blue car: PB-90

#3 Green Hovercraft: Singapore, PB-91

#4 Black/White Tank: Singapore, PB-92

#5 Yellow Base: Singapore, PB-93

Not sure but could it be that the vehicles themselves are originals in a knock off box? :unsure:

Any Help would be appreciated.

Sopadepollo

PS: I'm thinking about selling these since I'm not into Gatchaman. Will entertain any offers.

Sounds like you've got a semi-legit deal there. Some POPY toys were indeed produced in Singapore back in the 80's, before the company was bought over by Bandai. Your set could have been repackaged for export sales to clear inventories... Some clear photos of those parts numbers would be useful to convince serious bargain hunters :-)