Any problems with VF-1S Hikaru before I buy it

VF-18S Hornet

Not only I have preorded the 1/48 VF-1J Max & Millia Super Valkyries, But I finally decided to get the VF-1S Hikaru afterall, but before I send out payment I must know that is those pegs on the legs are going to be like those on the VF-1S Focker? What I mean is that when I have the super armor or arm Fast Packs on my VF-1S Focker they tend to fall down because the peg is shorter than the pegs on my VF-1A Hikaru. I just want to know from those who got their (holy grails) are the pegs on the VF-1S Hikaru the same as the pegs on the VF-1A Hikaru or like those on the VF-1S Roy. This is a problem that Yamato's QC should have discovered before sending them (VF-1S Roy) out before they sent out the armor. I know everyone else had a similar problem with the arms not staying locked between the legs in fighter mode and that caused a big debate with a lot a collectors about the imperfection. And on a additional plea, is the canopy sturdy enough to stay up on its own without the assistance of a twistie to keep it up when it's open. I would be most gratefull to get the information I need before getting the preverbial lemon of all Valks. ;)

I had some paint problems on the port wing on one of the two that I ordered. The black stripe was a bit sloppy. It wasn't awful, but it was noticeable if your nitpicky like I am.

And not to burst your bubble, but...

What's wrong with my Yamato, Bandai, etc., (pinned)

I'm also thinking of buying one myself and enter into the 1/48 line...

I was under the impression that it featured upgrades that eliminated the various problems the first 1/48's had, no?

Is the New VF-1J, low vis and the focker VF-1S the only ones with the improvements?

I was under the impression that it featured upgrades that eliminated the various problems the first 1/48's had, no?

Is the New VF-1J, low vis and the focker VF-1S the only ones with the improvements?

Everything from the Max 1A and on has the improvements. There are minor changes after the Max such as easier opening front landing gears and the seats on the reissues have the curved pilot seat headrest.

Everything from the Max 1A and on has the improvements. There are minor changes after the Max such as easier opening front landing gears and the seats on the reissues have the curved pilot seat headrest.

Cool.

Not a reason in sight for me to resist now... sigh... :rolleyes: 1/48 here I come.

The VF-1S Hikaru, as well as all 1/48's, have a big flaw in that the break your wallet very easily. After buying a few 1/48's and armor packs, I noticed that my wallet stopped functioning. Money that used to come out of it no longer did. :(