Unofficial Plastic Model Kits (Knockoff/Bootlegs)

Shawn

Not at all stupid. Always good to ask questions.

you would find it here.image.png.52c8322540610f7b65e3a7142808027a.png

problem with this method is that you will find a lot of used 1/100 missing this pin. It’s in there with pressure and the force of spring works the pin out over time.

Edited by nightmareB4macross

31 minutes ago, transjet said:

Detail of 1/100 VF-1A model kit.
It is made from a mold copied from Takatoku, but the head laser has been changed to a shape similar to the one made by Bandai.

DSC_0324 - コピー.jpg

DSC_0325 - コピー.jpg

DSC_0328 - コピー.jpg

DSC_0330 - コピー.jpg

DSC_0331 - コピー.jpg

DSC_0334 - コピー.jpg

Cool 👍🏼 If that's the same model i was talking about, I'm convinced those are stickers.

24 minutes ago, nightmareB4macross said:

So now this is quite peculiar. Why would they have the Bandai head laser? More questions arise.

Since Takatoku's head lasers are shaped to break easily, it is likely that this manufacturer made the same decision as Bandai and accidentally came up with a similar shape.

Just now, transjet said:

Since Takatoku's head lasers are shaped to break easily, it is likely that this manufacturer made the same decision as Bandai and accidentally came up with a similar shape.

Sounds plausible. But only way to be sure is to check casting marks on the parts to compare.

Thanks for posting those pics of the instructions! Now I can see the pin and spring usage in detail.

Now the next question....why are the instructions in English? Isn' that odd? It is not just a small section, it is the entire instruction sheet.

image.png.8319548ab42cc60d2cf879c8d9e3741c.png