painting question

tank

hi guys its me again hehehe anyway i have question, after putting the primer to your model can you just spray semi gloss clear paint right away to the model without painting it? :D

well the answer is yes, you can just spray any glosson top of it, but as David H stated; without painting there's no point of going to that lenght

It'd be helpful if you told us what model kit you have, what you're trying to do with it, and how you plan to paint/ink it, if at all. I'm presuming you've got a kit molded in white plastic at this point. (Which REALLY should be painted---white plastic is usually pretty darn transparent, if you put anything dark anywhere, it'll show through to the other side)

ok so after doing the panel lines of your model and you just want the model to be white can you just leave it or do i have to spray clear coat on it?:)

You can just leave it if that's what you want. The clear coat is just an extra coat to seal the paint and wash; but also protects the paint and adds an extra thickness to it that helps on avoiding scratching.

The reason to add layers of paints and clear coats is to do just that add "safety" to the already painted layers. If the clear coats are made of a different medium than the paints they can make it easier to "erase" new mistakes without altering the under layers...

Are you asking if it is acceptible to use your primer basecoat as your final paint? And then if after detailing should you clearcoat?

If you want your kit to be the color of the primer that you are using there is nothing technically wrong with that, and if you get a nice flat coat on it can look quite nice especially with something simple like a flat white. Primer coats generally are more pourous than finish paint, thus they are going to absorb more from things like washes or paint or oils from your hands, so if you are happy with the coat of primer and you like the looks of it then it would probably be a good idea to apply a clearcoat over it.

May I pose a question?

I've just got my Hasegawa 1/72 VF-1A Fighter. Right now I'm using Tamiya acrylics for my other models I worked on. Maybe if I have the time I'm gonna look for Gunze Sangyo's. However, I'm unsure of what kind of color should I use as the main coat for this baby. Should I go for gloss, semi-gloss or flat white? Which type shall it look best on? I don't want it to look kinda toyish when it's done. Any help/suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks.