Preorder for the Alpha MPC is now open

The sculpt looks pretty decent... and it IS more or less the only Legioss toy on the market (unless you wanna pay out the ass for a gakken)... I can look past the innacuracies, sacrifices have to be made.

One thing I cannot get past is the price point..... I mean... Jesus tap-dancing Christ... 80 bucks for something about 3/4 the size of a 1/60 Yamato!?!? It's not like it's mega-loaded with detail or anything. I wouldn't pay that much for that if it transformed itself and chased the cat around the house (well, maybe....)

Those of you that plan to spend this outrageous price for this, I laugh at you now. I'll be picking one of these up as soon as it hits the bargain bin (which won't be long) and not one moment sooner.

Attention scale Nazis! Even Bandai's PG GP01/Fb comes with figures that aren't in consistent scale within the same friggin' kit! The pilot figure in the Core Fighter is way smaller than the engineers/crew figures. Yet I don't hear no moaning n' bitching' about this thing, which is 2.5 times as expensive as the Alpha and requires paint and assembly. :huh:

WTF is the deal with that opaque canopy?!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Heh. I think it is to make it close to the TV show as possible. Now I know why they use those missiles liberally. They cant see thru that canopy. No wonder they couldnt hit the broadside of the barn. :lol:

Top Guns they aint... :p

I don't mean to sound snotty or anything, but have any of you that have commented on the Canopy actually bothered to goto the RT.com site and read the post, before you complained? It clearly states under the transforming picture, that it will come with additional decals and a CLEAR canopy. Plus one other person before me in this thread has also mentioned this already.

Sheesh, I was trying to make a joke. Christ on a crutch... some ppl.... Oh, btw I dont go to RT.com if I can help it. Occasionally I will go there when I want to see what is going on. Frankly I like this place better because there arent any Nazis running this forum. I cannot stand that the fact that a slight complaint of their products and your post is wiped. Even mentioning yamato and their macross toys, it is wiped. Or even buying MPCs from ebay, they will not hear of it! I digress... debating this is another topic.

Anyways, has anyone confirmed that the beta is coming out? I keep hearing that sales of the Alpha depends on the Betas. Regardless I will take a wait and see attitude. I went into the panic mode when I couldn't buy Rick MPC when it got sold out. Then I bought it from another place for $80. That was big mistake. :angry: After receiving the toy, no way. When I complained about the MPC, HG said to return it. Uh-huh, sure. Like the place I bought if from will take returns. Anyways, I will wait. I am not jumping in like I did before.

nope 1/48 holds gun just fine. plus ur comparing 2 totally different mecha and toylines

The 1/48 doesn't hold the GU at the right angle. It tilts DOWNARD (barrel down) no matter what you do. This is incorrect.

nope 1/48 holds gun just fine.  plus ur comparing 2 totally different mecha and toylines

The 1/48 doesn't hold the GU at the right angle. It tilts DOWNARD (barrel down) no matter what you do. This is incorrect.

Your 1/48 must be broken... I have 6 of them... They all point the gun perfectly.

With the 1/48 hands have you guys tried making your valk hold the gunpod with both hands with the right hands index finger on the trigger?

I know what you mean by "it holds its pointed slighly downward." Skull-1 how do pose your valk holding the gun? chest level,hip level,?

The hand on the 1/48 that supports the gun doesn't seem to "craddle" it as much as the toynami version (get both hands from each toy and see for yourself.)

perhaps Yamato would make nice generic mecha hands(movable fingers) for all their mech lines similar to some gundam kits.Some of those hold their guns real well.

As with Imai I think it was dead, sorry for the confusion. I'd like to know who picked up their cast molds for mospeada and orguss?

Thanx graham for the info on the mospeada line, guess

toynami it is.

Edited by Rick_Randy

Jesus tap-dancing Christ...

Those of you that plan to spend this outrageous price for this, I laugh at you now. I'll be picking one of these up as soon as it hits the bargain bin (which won't be long) and not one moment sooner.

Yeah? well I laugh at YOU now for your use of 'jesus tap-dancing christ"! Christ, as everyone knows, did interpretive dance.

Jesus tap-dancing Christ...

Yeah? well I laugh at YOU now for your use of 'jesus tap-dancing christ"! Christ, as everyone knows, did interpretive dance.

neg, he played da'pipes and danced in celtic fasion.. Riverdance, what?