Early bird discount

Nightbat

Some of you may have seen the "Early Bird discount" on Hobby Link Japan

and the fact that the 1/48 1J Millia preorder gets a 5% discount

Now I've ordered my Millia just before this stunt

and decided to contact HLJ about it

guess what: "The earliest bird gets the shaft" :lol::lol::lol:

I have to cancel and re-order it to get the discount

Nice,... but what if this is a High demand item?

HLJ has a "First come, First serve" service, so if I do that I get placed further up the Queue and may even miss out (I realise this won't be the problem with the Millia, but still,...)

Pretty funny situation

oh well I'll let them keep that 5% :rolleyes:

Oh I won't bother with reordering

just thought it was funny BS, technically I ordered before jan. 29th

Yet I still don't get it, because I was "Too early"

So I get shafted 5%

Maybe they should rename it "The not-so-Early Sir Not-appearing-in-this-film Bird Discount"

That's what you get for helping HLJ's ordering department when you preorder early,... or at least not so early,... or early enough to just make the Preorder deadline

oh BTW, I have it SAL shipped, so I'm never the first in MW to obtain a release

well, you really arn't getting shafted, what ever the price is, you felt it was fair and were willing to pay it.

just because some other people are getting a discount doesn't mean you're getting screwed.

had they raised the price on you at the last seccond then that would be getting shafted.

check out toy-wave hes got them up on pre-order for $150 each....way better than that other price plus shipping from HLJ. he also got the VF-1J armor only for $30!!!

anyhow, i bought from ken(toyman) and all my stuff arrived in tip-top condition. also if you know anyone that signed up for his yearly membership plan you can get an additional 10% off the subtotal of your order and another 5% for pre-orders.....not bad....not bad at all. B))

thats 15% off, which is $255 not including shipping, so you could get both for $300 shipped and thats a deal and a half my friend.

just another option. :)

Edited by haterist

...... I give them thumbs up for speedy shipping and outstanding customer service.  A better alternative to HLJ.
How long do you have to wait for the shipping notice after you place the order?

For in-stock items it's usually within 1 business day unless you happen to order during Japanese holidays. They don't sit around their asses like HLJ does.

For in-stock items it's usually within 1 business day unless you happen to order during Japanese holidays.  They don't sit around their asses like HLJ does.

1 business day? That's strange...last couple of times I ordered something in-stock during regular business day and I emailed them few times regarding shipping cost, I got no response and have waited for one week with no shipping notice, ended up I cancelled the order.

Their explanation for the delay was that the paper work required to ship their item to international customer might take extra time.

Maybe I try again sometime.

Edited by wasabi-elephant

You could always just order from Kevin... Save the 5% and then some on shipping... Unless you live in Japan or Europe I suppose. :unsure:

......but when I was buying from them they were fast with responses and shipments. Are you in the US or another country?

Canada.

Hobbysearch only responded to me when I placed/cancelled my order.

HLJ seems to be faster when dealing with int. orders. Then again, they are not "flexible". I would describe it as "Robotic", they got to go with their policies all the time. Sometimes their "policies" can be changed accordingly, just like this situation, I would have to bring my business somewhere else if they don't agree to offer me that 5% discount.