1 hour ago, Tking22 said:

My parents, both in their sixties, who are boring as hell and watch Price is Right, Andy Griffith, and Sons of Anarchy over and over binged the entire season and absolutely loved. Not only do they have no knowledge of the games, they have no gaming knowledge to speak of at all, they went in completely unaware of anything they were about to watch, and they both absolutely loved it and wanted more episodes when it ended.

It doesn't hurt that they love Walton Goggins, everybody does, but they loved everything about the show, all the characters, the world, the sound and aesthetic. This series is a total win for Amazon, fans of the games love it, and it's accessible enough for non-gamers, even boring old people, to get in to. 

Definitely a great show, I’m a little surprised though about the level of brutality that your parents could handle. My mom absolutely will not watch anything with a lot of gore. Unfortunately my father passed away when I was much younger, but he was the one that took me to see Robocop in the theater back when I was only nine or ten. I don’t think he quite knew what we were getting into and I sure was in for a bit of a shocker since that was a game changer as far as acceptable violence in a non horror movie. I think he might’ve been ok with Fallout, but my mom would never give this show a try. She’s definitely more old fashioned and may get a kick out of the flashbacks, but that’s about it

4 hours ago, jvmacross said:

@Seto Kaiba The times you end up liking a series when going in with zero expectations vs the times you end up getting disappointed truly skews towards the dissapointment range, so your skepticism is understandable [...]

Yeah, I do seem to skew heavily towards "disappointed" in a lot of the streaming originals don't I?

I've thought about that a lot, and while I know my own eccentric tastes are probably a part of I also feel like a common thread in a lot of the ones I've found disappointing has been a "style over substance" approach to showrunning. A lot of these new shows sink most of their time, effort, and money into making a series visually spectacular without taking the time and care to make sure it's narratively spectacular too.  As someone who's more engaged by compelling characters and a well-composed narrative than pure eye candy, that's become a deal breaker for me on several titles.

2 hours ago, Big s said:

I wouldn’t worry about that at all. Pretty much everything gets some explanation with a few things that feel like they will be least for the next season.little things happen here and there and it’s like little revelations surrounded by extreme violence.

As long as it makes internal sense... though it definitely feels like it's counting on shock value to carry it in quite a few places, both in the violence and the humor.

The second episode is certainly atmospheric.  Hasn't really done much to explain things, but there's a definite sense of direction to proceedings by the end of it.