Traditional VF-1A paint Scheme

Ranger565

Hey guys, I am currently working on a Hasegawa 1/72 Super VF-1A, and I am courious that maybe the Paints I am using is not in correct color.

Here is a Picture of 2 VERY OLD VF-1A I built about 15 years ago. I remember what paints I used.

For the Tan on both Fighers, I used "Testors Model Master Dark Tan FS-302919"

For the Blue Boosters of the fast packs on the Super I used "Testors Model Master Intermediate Blue FS-35164"

I would like to know if the Tan is too Dark? or if the Blue is Just not correct? Can you suggest a Better Color? Company of Paint? ETC.

DSC00130.JPG

What I Hope is that you can give me an idea of What you think works. I Know for a FACT that Traditional VF-1A standard had Blue Boosters and Armor. However I know that Skull-1 had a Greenish color Boosters and armor.

So if you know a Paint color you guys think is better, more vibrant, Please let me know. Also if you know a Better Paint Company. If you think its fine then I will continue to use the Same old Paints to give the same paint scheme.

Over all this new model will be a Traditional VF-1A from the Macross Last battle.

Thank you for your Feedback :D

Ranger565

It really depends if you're trying to follow the TV scheme or DYRL movie scheme. I suggest you browse the magazine section of this website and look under model graphix, degenki hobby and hobby japan for references by top pros in modeling. Most of those Valkyries follow DYRLs color scheme though.

If you can, try to snag the DVDs of SDF Macross and DYRL for additional referencing.

The brown looks pretty good but may be a tad off by a shade two. I believe it has more red and yellows in there. The blue boosters are way off from the DYRL scheme of a dark dark blue though.

Here is Jung's custom 1/48 CF Toy which I think is THE reference CF out there in model or toy form right now. It is the best CF I've ever seen in toy or model form so far.

http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?...&f=4&t=3919&hl=

As for paint, I say Tamiya is a great start but some folks swear by car paint which is the best quality paint you can buy.

Good luck!