Hi I'm new! And, about Jet stands....

wolfx

Hello everyone. I'm a n00b here, and this macross community is scary to say the least. You guys have alot Macross swag, and I feel like a complete n00b. A poor n00b at that. Only Macross stuff I have are the Super Deformed VF-1S, the 1/60 VF-1S with strike packs, and the 1/48 VF-1S to complete the "set". Browsing the forums, this can hardly be called a set, looking at your mouth-watering collections...... ;) I really wished that I had the cash to own more than one 1/48.....and buy fastpacks for at least one of them.

Well anyway, enough about the poor Macross fan which is I....I just wanted to know, where do I get them cheap fighter jet stands to display my 1/60 in jet mode? I personally don't like displaying them on landing gear , so I want a stand. I saw some of those tripod like crystal stands on some of the forum's pictures and saw some of them selling on TMP....but they were abit expensive for a poor unemployed kid.....

I did see these simple plastic stands at my local toy store's display, and on them were 1/60 and 1/48 Yammy Valks, so I asked the shopkeeper if I could buy them. He was rather unfriendly and said they were sold out and out of production, and no way I could ever get them, ever. (He then goes back to his PS2 game leaving me there at the counter.......jerk)

To display cheaply:

I believe one of the member here uses old CD-r spindles to display his fighter-mode Valkyries. Nice flat base and pole. Just chop off the rounded top and you've got a decent display stand.

You can also use transparent cassette tape boxes. Yeah, it looks makeshift but doesn't look too bad. I believe Drifand was the one that came up with that method (for his other robot toys, not macross)

Oh yeah welcome to MacrossWorld. B))

I did see these simple plastic stands at my local toy store's display, and on them were 1/60 and 1/48 Yammy Valks, so I asked the shopkeeper if I could buy them. He was rather unfriendly and said they were sold out and out of production, and no way I could ever get them, ever. (He then goes back to his PS2 game leaving me there at the counter.......jerk)

LOL! Sounds like the hobby store guy was annoyed that you weren't asking about model trains; it seems that most of them only want to talk trains or R/C. BTW, welcome. I bet there is somebody on here that makes their own stands, specifically for their own valkyries and would sell them to you.

Hey Wolf! Welcome to the boards! Well, the stands that Tam over at Twim Moons sells might be a little pricey, but they're good quality and Tam is an honest, friendly, and fair seller. He gets pretty much all my business these days. I'm not sure about what other stands are out there, but the ones you're talking about are great. And don't worry about having a small collection...you won't be crying because the repo man came to take away your Valks. ;)

Edited by Draykov