Launch Arm

neptunesurvey

Hey RTHK, Thanks a lot for those great scans!! I have those pics but in low res (I would like to have the Gold book!!)

As William said the magnets can go inside the model considering how powerful they are.

Valkyrie:As for having ferromagnetic plates you can cut tinplate very easily both with scisors or a cutter. Tinplate can also be sanded. Tin can lids ussually have a flat part that could be useful. I ussually cut a lot of this material at work even tinplate without tin!!

Don't the connection points of the claw move farther forward, I thought those red decals on the top edge of the booster packs delineate the connection points to the launch arm.

Ah, good point! I'd forgotten about those connection point decals.

Actually, you're right in that it's intended to be built further forward. But the spacing is all wrong, and they're too spread out, so the claws end up falling on the outside of those connection points. And the rear one falls on the vernier nozzle, which makes no sense.

I may just have to do some more scratch building to fix those proportions....

And thanks for those pics, RTHK! I didn't have a few of those.

And thanks for the tin tip, Gerwalker. I didn't know tin was ferromagnetic (I think that's the term I'm looking for, anyway :p )

But I'm still thinking I won't use the whole magnetic claw idea. Its purpose seems overly redundant to me.

But if you really want to use them in the kit you build, there wouldn't be much stopping you from incorperating it. That's one of the great things about resin kits. Kit-bashing them is easy :)

Edited by Valkyrie

And thanks for the tin tip, Gerwalker. I didn't know tin was ferromagnetic (I think that's the term I'm looking for, anyway :p )

Valkyrie,

Not at all. Let me correct you: Tinplate (not Tin) is the thing most of the tin cans are made of. It is a ferromagnetic material since it is made from a thin steel plate covered by tin (chemical symbol Sn) The steel is a carbon steel -Fe+ ~0.1% C- and thus ferromagnetic (some stainless steels are not ferromagnetic)

We don't support bootlegs here!! :angry: but... if somebody knows about a bootleg Gold Book please tell us asap!!!!! ;)

I'd love to have one!!

There are excellent PM and Macross Design bootlegs, WHY NOT A GOLD BOOK!!!! HeyThat is just a marketing question, not that I support bootlegging at all!!

We don't support bootlegs here!! :angry:  but... if somebody knows about a bootleg Gold Book please tell us asap!!!!! ;)

I'd love to have one!!

There are excellent PM and Macross Design bootlegs, WHY NOT A GOLD BOOK!!!! HeyThat is just a marketing question, not that I support bootlegging at all!!

my gold book was the first issue in 1984, not a bootleg :D

Edited by RTHK

• 2 weeks later...