1/72 YF-25 Prophecy, anyone built one?

NZEOD

I haven't, but isn't it basically a VF-25F molded in different colors with a new head and marking decals/stickers? I've never been particularly interested in it because of that. Either way, here are some Dalong pics in case you haven't looked at them yet:

http://dalong.net/review/etc/mfp/mfp_p.htm

Do you have any specific plans with this project, or is it going to just be a straight OOB (fighter mode only) build?

EDIT:

To get more to your question, I would imagine that it presents the same problems as all the VF-25 kits; that is to say, lots of complicated parts that won't really serve any purpose when you're fixing it into its most simplistic form. If I were building the Bandai kit as such, I'd try to remove/cover up as much of the unused articulated mechanisms as possible. (The wing roots, especially.) I'd just glue the chest/shoulder/shield armor panels into place to make sure surfaces transition as smoothly from one to another as possible.

I'd probably try to get rid of as much weight in the legs as possible, too. (The joints especially.) I don't know if it's possible, but I'd push them up into the upper fuselage/backpack as much as possible to get rid of the gap that currently exists there.

gaps.png.2e050aa4cde53366f4d83f383abc21a8.png

Other than that... Yeah, I dunno. It's sort of just speculation from me, and I didn't paritcularly enjoy the Bandai kit anyhow. Why not build a Hasegawa version and use the Bandai decals?

Edited by kajnrig