Gundam Master Grade..

southpaw

Generally they are about 18cm tall (7 inches). The Patlabors are slightly bigger.

They're usually the best renditions of the mobile suits depicted. The PGs often have to compromise due to the need to have gimmicks.

Overall, no painting or gluing is needed, although some of the "mold recycle" releases tend to require a little bit of painting because some parts were not molded in the right colors.

thanks how sturdy are the plastic and construction..

They're not too bad. Some aren't great, but they're typical models... Don't expect them to be toys. You can't manhandle them and expect them to survive very long.

They are way better quality than your usual model though.

Vostok 7

thanks how sturdy are the plastic and construction..

Well, I came out of the laundry room yesterday to see my two year old had abducted my MG Alphonse Labor from my case, and was shaking him about by the leg violently. I told her NO, to which she responded by promptly slamming him down on the floor, and holding her hands up as if to say "I wasn't doin nuffin?".

The model was fine however. None the worse for wear.

Well, I came out of the laundry room yesterday to see my two year old had abducted my MG Alphonse Labor from my case, and was shaking him about by the leg violently. I told her NO, to which she responded by promptly slamming him down on the floor, and holding her hands up as if to say "I wasn't doin nuffin?".

The model was fine however. None the worse for wear.

Reason #2567 I am not having children anytime soon.

Vostok 7

I think they are great. Nicely detailed, generally not too complicated to build though some are more complicated than others. The more complex looking the suit.... you get the idea. The newer ones with the inner frames kick ass. I have not cemented or painted any of mine though I'm sure it would improve them further for those that do paint them. I do use a Gundam Marker for some panel lining, and I try to do some of the dry markings as well (again I think those go on paint better than the plastic.)

At 1/100th scale they range from around 18 to 30cm.

Not bad for the price. I might get a MG Z'Gok in a month or two.

Just like Vostok said, they are display pieces primarily, so don't mass around with them too much but they should last just fine. Definately a big step up from the Wing HG kits I made at first.

Some pics to entice you.

Note: I have mine mixed in with HGUC's in the pics. You can tell which is which.

post-26-1073350186_thumb.jpg

I don't think I did too bad. This is as far as my modelling skills go.

The Zeta is the Kahen Senshi, it's so-so. That's for another thread.

post-26-1073350225_thumb.jpg

Edited by Anubis