Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children

wakobi

Sorry if this is trodden ground mods but i'm curious, has anybody here seen the ultra-cool trailer for the new Final Fantasy movie that is supposedly a direct sequel to the FFVII video game?

Here's a link for anybody who has yet to see it (You need Bittorent to get it)

http://a.scarywater.net/hawks/

I'm just really curious about it thats all because the guy that Cloud is dueling with looks like Sephiroth but appears to have shorter hair and a different blade. Then toward the end of the trailer, you see that same guy hold the hand of a person in a wheelchair who you never see the face of. My question is, was the guy that Cloud was fighting Sephiroth or not, and who do you guys think the dude in the wheelchair is? I mean personally, I think the guy in the wheelchair IS sephiroth and the guy that Cloud was fighting was one of those Jenova cloned freaks that he encountered during FFVII.

Anyone else got any fuel to add to the fire? :)

You can get the same trailer from the actual japanese site... look here for it.... no need for bittorrent.

I'm not gonna theorize on just who the wheelchair person might be, but I will say this... I wish square would stop making their lead males all look the same. Not gonna gripe too much, as Cloud was the original, but I think you know what I mean...

And it would also be nice for the men to look like... well, men. I'm sick of the androgeny that's so hip in Japan these days....

Edited by gnollman

Now that is something I didn't think about it. Its possible it could be him or someone else. Honestly I'm glad FF7:AC is being released. FF7 while a really good game, I didn't care so much for the ending since it didn't have the closure that other endings had, at least from what I remember.

Bah. they should have continued Squall and Rinoa's story from FF VIII.

:p

The FF VIII liberation front strikes again!!

:ph34r:

Here, here! I'm with you. :p I just started a new game of FF VIII a few days ago. It's the only FF, aside from tactics, that I've played all of the way through more than once. :)