VF-2SS model Problems

Ioda

I've recently put together the Bandai VF-2SS model, but the hips are incredibly loose. I can't even stand the model up. Has anyone else had this problem, and how does one go about fixing it? I want to still have the ability to change modes, so glueing the legs to the hips is out of the question. Thanks!

I don't have this kit so I'm just guessing.

Are you referring to the hip joints? If the joints are loose, try wrapping something thin and "rubbery" around the joint or insert a piece of said material in-between the polycap, then re-attach the hip and thigh together.

This will provide some friction to hold the pose. It will eventually wear out with a lot of posing and transformation so plan ahead to make that part removable or replace the polycap / joints with something better from Wave or Kutobukiya.

A picture of what the internal hip area would better let us help you.

Are you referring to the hip joints? If the joints are loose, try wrapping something thin and "rubbery" around the joint or insert a piece of said material in-between the polycap, then re-attach the hip and thigh together.

hi,

i've read somewhere that you can use a glue stick for your 'rubbery' substance. but to prevent the joint from sticking into the glue you have to wet it with water.

d

If you wet the glue stick, you could introduce a place for bacterial growth in the model. Or the glue will revert back to its sticky state when the liquid evaporates.

I was thinking more along the lines of cellophane wrap or a piece of shrink wrap wire insulation. Heck, a piece from a stretchable plastic bag would do, but those would degrade over time quickly.

There is a rubber coating compound that you can buy for insulating wires or even rubber shoe ahesive (for repairing or adding new heels to dress shoes) that might work. You just brush it or dap a little on, wait for it dry and form the rubber "film" and re-attach the joint.

I would test it on a piece of sprue to see if the chemicals would eat into the styrene first though.

This is sounding more like the McGuyver thread of model fixing... I wonder what a lighter, sand, twigs and pocket lint could make? A perfect transformable VF-4 Lightning? LOL

Edited by Neova

Try pushing them in more. The legs kinda go on with two "clicks" the first is the ball joint clearing the plastic hole, the second is the ball joint snapping into the socket. It can take some force somtimes, just make sure you support the the ball joint when you're pressing it in.

Jarrod