Mezzo

areaseven

The mezzo forte OVA was the one instance I can actually kind of say I could have handled getting the cut one instead of the full one. I don't like rape scenes, and the 2 were placed where they could have been removed without losing anything. Almost like they were designed that way. Other than that it was a great little OVA. Good action, fast paced, with a touch of dark comedy. A series for it could be pretty good. I'll have to keep an eye out for a fansub version.

Edited by Anubis

I loved it when the car landed on the two guys and exploded.

• 5 months later...

From the Anime News Network:

posted on 2004-06-08 13:25:00

source: Anime Nation

"International version" 20 removes the sex but runs minutes longer.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Green Bunny has announced that "Mezzo Forte International Version" will be released on DVD in Japan on July 23rd, at a retail price of 7140 yen (US$65).

It will contain both episodes of the original Mezzo Forte OAV and will be remastered with 5.1 audio.

Despite being listed at 80 minutes (20 minutes longer than the original OVA), the international version will have the sexually explicit scenes removed. The Green Bunny site (Japanese) does not mention where the extra 20 minutes comes from, nor does it mention any other technical specs such as available languages and region coding.

The mezzo forte OVA was the one instance I can actually kind of say I could have handled getting the cut one instead of the full one. I don't like rape scenes, and the 2 were placed where they could have been removed without losing anything. Almost like they were designed that way. Other than that it was a great little OVA. Good action, fast paced, with a touch of dark comedy. A series for it could be pretty good. I'll have to keep an eye out for a fansub version.

That's cause the director dude (forgot his name) was pressured to put hentai scenes in there by the animation studio against his will. So he had to include those scenes that seemed to be there for no reason.

And Area7, you can get all of mezzo ova on boxtorrents. Its an old one and fansubs already done this before. Unless this is a new OVA we're talking about.

Btw that site shows a bunny or something....don't know what's it about.

The new international version seems interesting. Wonder what they added for the extra 20 minutes?

The TV series, I've skimmed through a couple eps of. Seems interesting as well. Not as violent as the original of course though. The fansubs stopped coming as well, so I never got past ep. 8 or so downloaded.

Edited by Anubis