Scramble Eggs -1984 Variable Jets by Bandai-

Someone released a video of an episode of Southern Cross as broadcast on TV with all it's original commercials intact. One thing that caught my eye were these Scramble Eggs, definitly a riding on the contrails of of Macross, anyone know more about this line or have any in their collection?

4Ffgaow.jpg

IJBsgMl.jpg

nL69DuO.jpg

i4rTbAt.jpg

Someone released a video of an episode of Southern Cross as broadcast on TV with all it's original commercials intact. One thing that caught my eye were these Scramble Eggs, definitly a riding on the contrails of of Macross, anyone know more about this line or have any in their collection?

i4rTbAt.jpg

I used to have one of these back in '86. The green one on the top right. I believe that was F-4 Phantom. Correct me if I'm wrong. And that was only the available one back then from our local shop back in the Philippines. I'm already into Macross that time so I was hoping to get the F-15 since there was no F-14 available. So my mom bought the green one instead. Anyways, it was superb to have this before. Simple transformation. Didn't know that it was made by Bandai. ^_^

If I'll get a chance to go home in the Philippines, I'll probably look for it and bring it back with me along with my other toy collections as well. Well, only the ones that's not crumbling by then. Hehehe. :lol:

Great topic! I remember seeing all three of these when I was a kid, which is remarkable since I grew up in NW PA where we just didn't get alot of stuff. Being on a rather fixed income at the time, I only got the F-15, and it sits on my desk even now. The plastic on mine has yellowed quite a bit, but it's still relatively tight and transforms well. I still have the missiles and external fuel tank, all with chrome intact. The F-15 also had a unique T-rex-ish transformation that I've never seen repeated in all my years of collecting. Pretty cool little toy.

All three designs were clever, but I think the 15 had the most poseability, and that was my deciding factor at the time. I'd love to see Bandai rerelease these, or even updated versions of them, along with some new planes (a Flanker, Berkut, and a YF-23 would be awesome, just to name a few). I also have an affinity for egg planes, which started with these toys, and having them transform is the icing on the cake.

Thanks Valkyrie Hunter D. It was the Harrier. Thought it was a Phantom. :D But looking at it, I think the Harrier is the more 'humanoid' when it transform. More 'Macross-y' IMHO. You flip the cone towards the back revealing the eyes on the bottom part of the canopy and you flip the whole canopy forward becoming the head. And the intakes becomes the feet.

And I agree, M'Kyuun. It would be nice to see newer planes with this line. ^_^