Guest davidwhangchoi

hey all MW shooter fans,

i was wondering of anyone here ever seen or owned the:

Shooting Game Historica EX Thunder Force V:

p073.jpg

10103171p.jpg

link:

http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10103171

i'm thinking about getting one but just curious if anyone heard of it.

i'm a big shooter fan but haven't seen any posts recently about shooters in a while so i thought to post this.

I own it.
I'd say it's only really for fans. It makes for a nice display piece if you have other fighters from the same line, but otherwise, it really doesn't scale well with anything.

Also the box is pretty damn big for what it's holding.

Also, I just saw one being sold on Mandarake for 30,000 yen :blink: That's pretty crazy considering how much I paid for mine.

post-17838-0-29462900-1426227448_thumb.jpg

Guest davidwhangchoi

I own it.

I'd say it's only really for fans. It makes for a nice display piece if you have other fighters from the same line, but otherwise, it really doesn't scale well with anything.

Also the box is pretty damn big for what it's holding.

Also, I just saw one being sold on Mandarake for 30,000 yen :blink: That's pretty crazy considering how much I paid for mine.

thanks saitou, back when you got it, how much did you pay for yours? just so i know what to look for when hunting around. :)

Guest davidwhangchoi

Got it 2nd hand off amiami for 14,980yen.

I still think it's not worth that amount of dosh. But on the other hand, I do love Thunder Force V, especially the final stage where you got the upgrade.

thanks Saitou for the information, i looked around and saw the 30,000yen price as well :mellow: i think it's steep. maybe if i find it lower i'll bite :)

I would have purchased this back in the day but I'm just seeing it now. Usually stuff like this isn't assembled or painted. I love the Thunderforce series. Part V is a good one. I have the version with the soundtrack on Saturn. I still haven't played Thunderforce 6. I heard it wasn't that good. But the opening music is nice.

I'll probably hunt this ship down. Perhaps I'll search for reviews this weekend. I would like a few of the Thunderforce ships, the Vic Viper, Axelay ship, Philosoma ship, and a few others.