Customized Smokescreen

Solscud007

This was an easy mod to do. By luck I found a scrapped 1/24 scale WRX diecast toy in a drawer of mine that was slotted for modificatiopn but was left behind and stowed away. The engine bay was already painted when I bought it. It also has a detailed Interior dash with painted console and decals like thh Momo badge on the Steering wheel. I will swap the steering whell later. SO without further ado i cut a little here and sanded a little here to fit the engine bay in Smokescreen. (no the gun doesnt fit with this in there) oh I also paln to swap wheels too. The Diecast toy has these 5 spoke rims that look like Volk Rays TE37s

post-26-1072656446_thumb.jpg

Edited by Solscud007

Wow, all you need now is to stencil a red STi onto the intercooler. What bugs me about Smokes though, is his nose is really too fat and high for an STi. It's really bulgy if you know what I mean. Compare it to the picture of the Rally Impreza included in the manual.

I think a solution might be to get rid of all the annoying "bling bling" chrome in the front. I was thinking of cutting away the chrome under his bonnet and on the bumper intake leaving a little peg to hold the Subaru logo. Then maybe add some fine black mesh behind it. Would also need to color the hood vent in front of the scoop black and the scoop also needs a lip.

Good luck with your other mods. Would you consider cutting away his chrome grille?

Comic Kaze-

Yeah I would for the US palstic one. They're so cheap that is the one I will do the most mods for and paint jobs. Like new wheels, interior, Maybe that grill idea etc.

Exo- Yeah it jsut pops out.

Stealthlurker-

haha yeah Im not going for Fast and Retarded look so yeah all performance baby!!!!!

Wow, all you need now is to stencil a red STi onto the intercooler. What bugs me about Smokes though, is his nose is really too fat and high for an STi. It's really bulgy if you know what I mean. Compare it to the picture of the Rally Impreza included in the manual.

It actually seems to me that the fenders aren't wide enough. If they were, the wheel offset would look better.

Wow that's awesome Nick... Does the engine just pop out for the transformation?

My Optimus has fallen on hard times so it had to do some outside work to get his custom... :(

That rocks.