Rahxephon The Movie?

robokochan

I was surfing through ebay the other day and I noticed an auction for Rahxephon the movie. Now I have all of the TV series and I was wondering if this is different. I think Rahxephon kicked butt and if it is something new I would like to get it.

SO anyone have it or seen it? Alittle help before I waste $10.00 ;)

Rob MN

IMO it is a fine piece of Animation. Good story good animation, and really kick ass fighters. It is very similar to EVA, so if you like EVA you will most likely like Raxephon. Definately worth getting. The story can get alittle slow and there is the flashback thing....but the action really pays off in the end.

MrDisco - Thanks I look forward to hearing about it.

Rob MN

Actually, if you hate EVA, you will like RahXephon, as it has better character control and an ending that gives justice to the series. Plus, it doesn't throw any religious crap on you like EVA does.

Ya that would be me. I hate EVA but I love RahXephon. Probably one of my all time favorites.

I've watched the series twice, and I still dont get some of the relationships, and characters. Whats with the dude with the eye patch? Is that Ayato's dad? And whats the deal with Rikudo, Haruka, and Ayato's mom? Then there's the clone people Helena, Ayato's twin with the glasses, and the "D" guy, what's their purpose? And the movie, isn't it like a prequel to the series? Answers people, please!!

Actually, it was almost appalling to the level that the creators of Rahxephon felt they had to steal so many plot elements from Evangelion. To name a few: the ambiguous religious references, the unusual and mysterious girl whose origins are unknown, who talks sparingly and will determine the fate of the world but only at the end of the series, main character who is hesitant to pilot the title mecha, big sister character who takes in the main character and encourages him, the end of the world, character becoming a gigantic white version of him/herself, etc... It goes on and on.

I wished it was way more original because I loved the character designs and music.

I've watched the series twice, and I still dont get some of the relationships, and characters. Whats with the dude with the eye patch? Is that Ayato's dad? And whats the deal with Rikudo, Haruka, and Ayato's mom? Then there's the clone people Helena, Ayato's twin with the glasses, and the "D" guy, what's their purpose? And the movie, isn't it like a prequel to the series? Answers people, please!!

The TV series was very complex story telling. They tried to weave in all this Aztec myth stuff which was very cool but somewhat hard to follow.

The guy with the eyepatch was Ayato's dad. He and Rikudo were both geologists or something, and it was while they were working together that Haruka and Ayato met. Ayato's mom is Haruka's aunty, but not by blood as she was adopted by Rikudo years ago when she appeared at the shrine. Haruka is Rikudo's niece. Helen, Itsuki and Kisaragi were all clones. Helen was a clone for Bahbem. Itsuki was a failed mass-produced clone. Kisaragi was a clone of Ayato. Ayato is the tuner of the world who is able to give new life to the world and shape it to his will. Bahbem had Kisaragi because he hoped he could use him to change the world according to his own views. Very confusing, no?

The movie is a retelling of the TV series. Very similar to the Escaflowne movie and the TV show. There is much less action in the movie and its very heavy on story. There is one cool scene in the beginning however that shows the creation of Tokyo Jupiter. What helps the movie along is that it's far less convoluted than the TV show. They removed all the Aztec references to Ixtol and the Yoroteoru and all that junk and just made it into a less confusing and more stream lined story. It has a few more scenes that make the movie more emotional, and while the ending is different from the TV series, it's still just as good.

Actually, it was almost appalling to the level that the creators of Rahxephon felt they had to steal so many plot elements from Evangelion. To name a few: the ambiguous religious references, the unusual and mysterious girl whose origins are unknown, who talks sparingly and will determine the fate of the world but only at the end of the series, main character who is hesitant to pilot the title mecha, big sister character who takes in the main character and encourages him, the end of the world, character becoming a gigantic white version of him/herself, etc... It goes on and on.

I wished it was way more original because I loved the character designs and music.

Personally I liked all the similarities. To me, this is what Evangelion SHOULD have been. Ayato is far more likeable as a character than the angst-filled Shinji and the bond between Haruka-Ayato is a lot closer than the bond between Misato-Shinji. Yeah, I must admit Quon was odd, but she was given a more clearer role in the movie as to why she's all nutty. At least the main character's mom is not the soul of the robot this time :D

I've watched the series twice, and I still dont get some of the relationships, and characters.  Whats with the dude with the eye patch?  Is that Ayato's dad?  And whats the deal with Rikudo, Haruka, and Ayato's mom?  Then there's the clone people Helena, Ayato's twin with the glasses, and the "D" guy, what's their purpose?  And the movie, isn't it like a prequel to the series?  Answers people, please!!

The TV series was very complex story telling. They tried to weave in all this Aztec myth stuff which was very cool but somewhat hard to follow.

The guy with the eyepatch was Ayato's dad. He and Rikudo were both geologists or something, and it was while they were working together that Haruka and Ayato met. Ayato's mom is Haruka's aunty, but not by blood as she was adopted by Rikudo years ago when she appeared at the shrine. Haruka is Rikudo's niece. Helen, Itsuki and Kisaragi were all clones. Helen was a clone for Bahbem. Itsuki was a failed mass-produced clone. Kisaragi was a clone of Ayato. Ayato is the tuner of the world who is able to give new life to the world and shape it to his will. Bahbem had Kisaragi because he hoped he could use him to change the world according to his own views. Very confusing, no?

The movie is a retelling of the TV series. Very similar to the Escaflowne movie and the TV show. There is much less action in the movie and its very heavy on story. There is one cool scene in the beginning however that shows the creation of Tokyo Jupiter. What helps the movie along is that it's far less convoluted than the TV show. They removed all the Aztec references to Ixtol and the Yoroteoru and all that junk and just made it into a less confusing and more stream lined story. It has a few more scenes that make the movie more emotional, and while the ending is different from the TV series, it's still just as good.

What I don't understand is what kind of world was to arise after the tuning of the world? The tuning happens and then the story ends. What would the tuning of the world bring about? It really felt like they rushed the ending, so in a way it is no clearer than EVA was.

Actually, if you hate EVA, you will like RahXephon, as it has better character control and an ending that gives justice to the series. Plus, it doesn't throw any religious crap on you like EVA does.

Ya that would be me. I hate EVA but I love RahXephon. Probably one of my all time favorites.

Same here. I couldn't get past an episode or two of Eva. But I keep going out and giving ADV my money for RahXephon.

I frankly don't like RahXephon. I've seen the whole series, but it ain't worth my coin. I like the jet designs, but that's it... don't like the other mecha.... I'd call it a renter.

I do like NGE, though... but mainly for the mental stuff. All the religious stuff is just for show, frankly....

I wish I could....but my internet access consists of a Cell Phone Insert card. Would probably take a week to download. :blink:

So basically what I am getting here is that it is worth it. Extra scence, more information and explaination....cool.

Thanks Guys.

I never did realize that the eye-patch guy was Ayato's father....they never interacted at all :huh:

Rob

well i just plowed through the movie. i'ld have to watch it again and the series as well to take in all the nuances. it is more 'simpler' compared to the series and the secret of mishima is revealed rather early. there are a few unique scenes not found in the series - a young haruka, the creation of tokyo jupiter, the ending, etc. overall i wouldn't recommend it for anyone who hasn't seen the series. its too fractured and jumps very quickly between key scenes. seen with the series though it helps answer some questions about the plot.