Robotech Bookends

Myersjessee

The book marks LOOK pretty damn cool (I like action poses), but the price is astronomic... far from worth it.

Gimmie $40 and I'll MAKE a pair better than that...

My feelings on these bookends?

There are lots of craft shows all over Austin, and quite frankly I've seen some exquisite bookends that were hand made that didn't cost $150. Toynami is turning a huge profit with these. The limited crap can't even justify the markup.

The moral of the story? Buy them if you've got cash to burn or want to be anally rape without lubrication.

vinnie

*sigh* Once again, a semi-decent thread ruined by the Toynami/RT bashers.

Maybe I'm missing something, but there's no "bashing" here.

Just some justified opinions (not because I agree with them, but the reasons are sound) on these bookends.

Just for the record, these bookends are nice; just not worth the asking price.

No, the mindless bashing was in bringing the MPC into the mix.  This thread had nothing to DO with the MPCs.

Hey CoryHolmes, why don't you get off you high horse and go get a life? No one likes a sanctimonious, holier than thou jackass. Especially when it's a hypocritical one.

The picture was directed to Myersjessee. He is the original owner and topic starter. He probably derived some entertainment from it, considering he is aware of my displeasure with the MPC. The picture was done in humour. If you can't get over it, then you need to grow up or at least grow thicker skin. All you had to do was skip over my post. No one else has a problem with it but you. This is MacrossWorld, not RT.com. This is from the Rules and Regulations

If you don't want see anything negative about Robotech go to Robotech.com.

All you have done so far is to dog my posts with whining. You try to appear "tolerant" but the truth is your posts serve no other purpose than to incite a flame war. This is called hypocrisy. If you do not know what the word means, then look it up in a dictionary. If you do not know how to look it up in a dictionary, then click here. So please Mr. Good Samaritan, before you post again, think before you do, even if it is only for a second.

Oh yeah Merry Christmas.

vinnie

Not to belabor this...but while the price is high, I dont think it is ridiculous. (I may feel differently when I see them... ) My wife collects department56 collectibles. These are in resin, porcelin, or ceramic. Static pieces, probably about the size of one of the two bookends will go for $50....limited editions...$75 to $100...double the size (2 pieces) and the price is not unreasonable. The catch? Well, D56 makes some very high quality, very collectible stuff. If the Toynami bookends are as good (or better....as you would expect more detail in person) then the pictures they are not ridiculously priced (IMO) They are, no doubt, expensive, but not stunning in the price range. If they are not as good in quality as they look...well then...thats a different story.