Gold Book

Bones

Sorry if the is in the wrong forum. :) I recently came across a Gold Book in an Anime Shop that has both the film strip and the poster included. The book itself is in great shape and the slip case is almost flawless.

I just don't want to get ripped off. What would be a reasonable price for this item?

Thanks for your help! :D

I got my gold book for about $200 with poster, but not with the film strip, and its an '84 print, not a reprint.

I paid a bit more (with shipping included) than I would have if I had bought it at a local anime shop, but their copy looked liked it had belonged to a library in Japan or something. I mean it had stamps on it... :o

I'm happy I dished out the money! Mine is definitely 19 years old, it's got that musty smell that old books get. :blink:

Sorry if the is in the wrong forum. :) I recently came across a Gold Book in an Anime Shop that has both the film strip and the poster included. The book itself is in great shape and the slip case is almost flawless.

I just don't want to get ripped off. What would be a reasonable price for this item?

Thanks for your help! :D

if it has everything anything up to $200 (or even $250) is reasonable IMHO.

I think alot depends on what the film strip is of. If it is of a main character or fight scene then it can be a bit pricey. I've sold Gold Books up to $400.00. And I have also found them complete (everything in it) and sold them here for less than $100.00 shipped.

I would ask to see the Film Strip because some of them are completly bogus scences like a car or the back of someone's head.

Rob MN

Thanks for the help everyone! I went back to the store and picked it up for $90.00. It is in great shape but I think the price is due to the film strip. It is in great condition but it is just of Hikaru waking around town. Still the book is great and I always wanted to pick one up!

It is almost freaky to walk into an Anime store here in Dallas and find much of anything Macross! :p

I want one of those so badly.  :(

What's so great about the Gold book for a Japanese-illiterate (like me)? Half of it is DYRL -- that can be had for much cheaper if you buy the film manga. The other half are b&w sketches (iirc).

I do have the book; just that I don't think it is worth what it usually goes for. (If I were more rational at that time, I wouldn't have bought it.. :lol:)