FFXI Christmas Spectacular!

Vostok 7

BTW.... its suggestions like that, that will never get you a linkpearl. I can bed anything that the whm got a bunch of tells from the rest of the party about your.... errr.... awsome suggestion. <_<

:lol: no, I didn't tell him that. I just said "you can't voke bene hate." Everyone else in the party was saying the same thing.

And the only other time I've said anything was when a WHM was using Divine Circle + Curega while we were fighting and then screaming for a voke :rolleyes:

Vostok 7

Guys! It's February! Stop posting in this "Christmas" thread!!!  :p

Tell a mod to change the name of the thread then. :lol:

no, I didn't tell him that. I just said "you can't voke bene hate." Everyone else in the party was saying the same thing.

Way to state the obvious. <_<

The best way to enjoy a party.... keep your mouth shut and do your job. If anyone in the party is playing seriously.... you will get tells from those players.

Thats how you get a linkpearl... or in my case.... a pearlsack. :)

Edited by Abombz!!

or in my case.... a pearlsack. :)

Oh I see :angry:<_<

Urge to get angry and quit again... rising.

I do my damn job, and I rarely tell anyone else to do their jobs unless they're doing something stupid or not doing what they are supposed to do. And do I get helped or anything because of that? No. I was in a party where 3 of the 6 people got a linkpearl... and I didn't get one because I had died or something and was running back. :rolleyes:

Vostok 7

Edited by Vostok 7

or in my case.... a pearlsack. :)

Oh I see :angry:<_<

I do my damn job, and I rarely tell anyone else to do their jobs unless they're doing something stupid or not doing what they are supposed to do. And do I get helped or anything because of that? No. I was in a party where 3 of the 6 people got a linkpearl... and I didn't get one because I had died or something and was running back. :rolleyes:

Vostok 7

Ppl don't like you.... face it. Heck... even Drad, that has been in the game less time then you already has a pearlsack to a japanese LS and a linkpearl for another LS. <_<

BTW.... its suggestions like that, that will never get you a linkpearl. I can bed anything that the whm got a bunch of tells from the rest of the party about your.... errr.... awsome suggestion. <_<

:lol: no, I didn't tell him that. I just said "you can't voke bene hate." Everyone else in the party was saying the same thing.

And the only other time I've said anything was when a WHM was using Divine Circle + Curega while we were fighting and then screaming for a voke :rolleyes:

Vostok 7

It's actually possible if the tank is doing his job perfectly. In the party I had last night, the paladin had so much hate directed toward it that even after benediction, all it took was two provokes, one from me and one from the pld, to divert attention from the whm back to the paladin. That was the first time I've ever seen that.

As far as 2 hour abilities go--

Mighty Strikes is an utterly useless WS.

Same for Blood Weapon.

Mana Font is great, but only in a pinch when you need that one last nuke to finish off the mob.

Hundred Fist is nice, but too accuracy dependent. The very least, it builds up a TP bar quickly.

Soul Voice...?

Perfect Dodge is nice, but demands a warrior sub to make it a party saver.

Familiar is god, but beastmasters don't party.

Meikyo Sisui is god.

Benediction is god.

Invincible is god.

Chain Spell is god, but only after level 40.

Astral Flow is god, but not when you only have Carbuncle.

Call Wyvern? Hahaha! :blink:

Mijin Gakure is very VERY powerful but requires the ninja to have a lot of health.

Eagle Eye Shot also very powerful. Hell, a ranger is very powerful even without it.

Honestly.... I have no clue WTF you are doing wrong. I got my first linkpearl at lv13. The shell wasn't anything to brag about, but the linkshell holder was very nice.

I got my second linkpear when someoen helped me reach Jeuno. He was the linkshell holder and wouldn't help me unless I joined in. :blink:

Then... a weeks ago, the linkshell holder of my first linkshell gave a pearlsack to his new linkshell, and told me to invite a bunch of ppl... which I have yet to do. :p

And I was invited to the giant linkshell that Unicorn has, but I declined because I wasn't really interested in juggling linkshells. <_<

Ppl don't like you.... face it. Heck... even Drad, that has been in the game less time then you already has a pearlsack to a japanese LS and a linkpearl for another LS. <_<

In that vein I could understand why YOU wouldn't give me a linkpearl, but other people don't know me. :angry:

Vostok 7

Vostok 7

It's actually possible if the tank is doing his job perfectly. In the party I had last night, the paladin had so much hate directed toward it that even after benediction, all it took was two provokes, one from me and one from the pld, to divert attention from the whm back to the paladin. That was the first time I've ever seen that.

As far as 2 hour abilities go--

Mighty Strikes is an utterly useless WS.

Same for Blood Weapon.

Mana Font is great, but only in a pinch when you need that one last nuke to finish off the mob.

Hundred Fist is nice, but too accuracy dependent. The very least, it builds up a TP bar quickly.

Soul Voice...?

Perfect Dodge is nice, but demands a warrior sub to make it a party saver.

Familiar is god, but beastmasters don't party.

Meikyo Sisui is god.

Benediction is god.

Invincible is god.

Chain Spell is god, but only after level 40.

Astral Flow is god, but not when you only have Carbuncle.

Call Wyvern? Hahaha! :blink:

Mijin Gakure is very VERY powerful but requires the ninja to have a lot of health.

Eagle Eye Shot also very powerful. Hell, a ranger is very powerful even without it.

I don't know how godly Meikyo Sisui is.... unless you have another sam with you. Seriously... the few times I had to use it, my dmg amounted to nothing, unless the second sam used it too, so we could get 3 chains instead of 1. It really depends on what WSs and what mobs you are fighting.

Tachi:Enpi is only usefull because it gives you alot of tp in return. Tachi: Hobaku is only usefull at break mob abilities. Tachi:Goten... errr.... usefull at killing water based mobs? :blink:

And yes.... palis are awsome at keeping hate, and taking dmg. Having a pali as a main tank makes the life of a whm so damn easier. :)

In that vein I could understand why YOU wouldn't give me a linkpearl, but other people don't know me. :angry:

Vostok 7

You really haven't left a good impression then. If you are really doing your job and keeping your mouth shut... I don't see why ppl haven't invited you yet.

...RISING...

Vostok 7

Hehe, it's okay.

I ditched two linkshells, one broke up completely and yet another broke my pearl (for some odd reason about leveling up too fast or something). In the end I just created my own shell with a bunch of people that I've known since the 20's. There are a few really big linkshells on our server that have all the high level players, but when you try to solicit any kind of help from them they don't give you the time of day unless it in someways benefits them as well.

...RISING...

Vostok 7

Hehe, it's okay.

I ditched two linkshells, one broke up completely and yet another broke my pearl (for some odd reason about leveling up too fast or something). In the end I just created my own shell with a bunch of people that I've known since the 20's. There are a few really big linkshells on our server that have all the high level players, but when you try to solicit any kind of help from them they don't give you the time of day unless it in someways benefits them as well.

Right.... no linkshell is perfect, and its extremely silly to get mad at not having one.

As much as I might enjoy playing with some of them.... I hate my linkshell 99% of the time. You know... they send all kinds of wrong signals. If you think they don't mind helping you, because they helped you before, it really means they hate your guts for even asking. Its like russian roulette.... you never know when crap is going to happen to you.

They make awsome party members (just ask Drad), but sometimes I wonder if its really worth it.

Vostok... if it makes you feel any better.... we invited a blm to the linkshell this weekend because she was a good player and awsome party member. :D

I don't know how godly Meikyo Sisui is.... unless you have another sam with you. Seriously... the few times I had to use it, my dmg amounted to nothing, unless the second sam used it too, so we could get 3 chains instead of 1. It really depends on what WSs and what mobs you are fighting.

The neat thing about samurai is that they get a B in polearms. It's scary crap to see a meikyo sisui pentathrust > doublethrust > pentathrust > then pentathrust again.

The neat thing about samurai is that they get a B in polearms. It's scary crap to see a meikyo sisui pentathrust > doublethrust > pentathrust > then pentathrust again.

Pentathrust is scary on its own.... with Meikyo Sisui.... it must kick so much ass. :blink:

Abombz, if you have pearls to distribute (I may have mis-read this, if I have, please correct me) why don't you give one to Vostok and everyone is happy? I'm only a part of one LS and I have no intention of getting on any others unless I need to.

Seriously though... you guys need to relax... it's just a damn game....

Abombz, if you have pearls to distribute (I may have mis-read this, if I have, please correct me) why don't you give one to Vostok and everyone is happy? I'm only a part of one LS and I have no intention of getting on any others unless I need to.

Seriously though... you guys need to relax... it's just a damn game....

Thats why I turn down pearl offers.... I hate having to juggle pearls... specially since the damn things take up inventory space. <_<

As for the relax comment.... the only time this game even remotely gets me angry is when I have to deal with stupid @$$es like yesterday.

Right.... no linkshell is perfect, and its extremely silly to get mad at not having one.

LOL you guys are the ones making a big deal about me not having one! :p

Vostok... if it makes you feel any better.... we invited a blm to the linkshell this weekend because she was a good player and awsome party member. :D

How exactly does that make me feel better? :blink:

I'm not making a big deal out of anything (and if it seems I am, it's mostly a joke :p )... I just get frustrated when people wave things in front of me like it's some kind of prize and I haven't gotten it yet. It's the exact same reason I hate video games with "unlockable" crap... because the stuff you have to unlock is always way cooler than the regular game has to offer, and like I'm ever going to play the game to get it.

Vostok 7

LOL you guys are the ones making a big deal about me not having one! :p

How exactly does that make me feel better? :blink:

I'm not making a big deal out of anything (and if it seems I am, it's mostly a joke :p )... I just get frustrated when people wave things in front of me like it's some kind of prize and I haven't gotten it yet. It's the exact same reason I hate video games with "unlockable" crap... because the stuff you have to unlock is always way cooler than the regular game has to offer, and like I'm ever going to play the game to get it.

Vostok 7

We just like to do that, because you suck. :)

When did we wave linkpearls on your face anyways? If you didn't get one so far is because you defenetly did something wrong, at some point.

lol you, yoh and DT have been bugging me about not having a LS since you guys first got them.

The only thing I could have ever imagined I've ever done wrong was when I complained once on the dunes about not being healed by my party... I was the tank and pulling and I didn't get one heal, and I voiced my feelings about such since it got me killed... I didn't leave the party, and I did my job still like I was supposed to, and everything came out real cool... But I was like already lvl 17 by that time.

Usually I never say anything... I just do my job and respond to questions. Lately I've been even trying to do chains with people (but I suck because I can't time it right). The only time I ever speak out is if someone is doing something stupid, and usually only after the rest of the party has spoken their peace.

Vostok 7

When did we wave linkpearls on your face anyways? If you didn't get one so far is because you defenetly did something wrong, at some point.

lol you, yoh and DT have been bugging me about not having a LS since you guys first got them.

I never bugged you about any linkpearl.... you were the one who expected me to get you a pearl when I had promised no such thing. <_<

I never bugged you about any linkpearl.... you were the one who expected me to get you a pearl when I had promised no such thing. <_<

:rolleyes: I said drop that. Gee, now I know why you get so pissed when I don't leave subjects alone. <_<

Vostok 7

I did drop it... you were the one who brought the whole "bothering someone about a linkpearl" bull crap up again. <_<

I was simply proving that I did no such thing when I got a linkpealr, like you said I did. <_<

Edited by Abombz!!

I did drop it... you were the one who brought the whole "bothering someone about a linkpearl" bull crap up again. <_<

*whine* because I want oneeeeeee... I don't know why but I dooooooo... *whine*

:lol:

Vostok 7

When I got my current linkpearl, I said the same thing to you as I did to Yosho, and yet you 2 reacted in completly different ways.

And BTW.... Yosho, regarding your very first comment.... this LS is 75% girls. :blink:

When I got my current linkpearl, I said the same thing to you as I did to Yosho, and yet you 2 reacted in completly different ways.

And BTW.... Yosho, regarding your very first comment.... this LS is 75% girls. :blink:

Yeah, well, he has one already. :angry:

And I'm beginning to think that being a girl means nothing in this game. I swear, you're the only girl/girl in the game I know... and I'm not even 100% positive sometimes :blink::p :P j/k

DT's LS still thinks he's a chick.

Vostok 7

Usually I never say anything... I just do my job and respond to questions. Lately I've been even trying to do chains with people (but I suck because I can't time it right).

The game itself is not a very easy one to play. You have to pretty much know it inside out before one can do really well. I was lucky because my friend was in the beta and he basically held my hand all the way to level 30. Skillchain are one of the more interesting and difficult tacits, and these should always be done using a macro because it is more automatic that way, and is an easy way to notify other players what's going on.

When doing a skillchain, there's three important macros you need to either have or pay attention to.

1. Status

2. Aizu (Go Signal)

3. Call

The status displays your current TP status, your sequence in a skillchain, your weapon skill name and a simple call.

eg: /p Status: TP-<tp> #1 Shield Break <call16>

If you're the setup man, you should flash this as soon as you reach 100% or if you see your follower flash his status message.

----

The Aizu is the go signal. When both chainers flash their status and see they both have 100%, the setup man flashes a simple text macro with a louder call because this is a very important message meant for both your follower and the MB mages.

eg: /p <<< SKILLCHAIN READY >>> <call1>

----

Last is the call which is to tell people that the chain will begin. This is a longer macro for letting you setup all your appropriate buffs and give a LOUD warning to followers and bursters that the chain will start VERY shortly. This example is off of my warrior/monk using a great axe.

eg:

/p (Sturmwind) @ 0:03 <call3>

/ja "Berserk" <me>

/wait 2

/ja "Boost" <me>

/wait 1

/ws "Sturmwind" <t>

-----

The call macro is a general purpose WS after 3 seconds macro. If you're the follower and the setup man, you wait for the lead to do his weapon skill. Once his weapon skill goes off, you hit your macro and let it fly. Also, hitting another macro in the middle of another cancels out the previous macro. So if you mash your WS macro and hit another accidentally, don't expect your WS to go off.

I should have joined Unicorn!!!!!! :(

:lol:

I've been able to pull off a couple chains. Fortunately, with GS WS' I'm usually at the middle or rear end of a high lvl chain, so if everyone sets "I'm doing such and such a WS now!" macro, I know when to trip. Last night I was with a PT with Suko who was helping me out (pt was 2 mithra, 2 elvann females, Suko (hume female) and myself, hume male lol) with trying to do some chains... So I told the girl going before me to set a macro that would say what she's doing, then I adjusted my Hard Slash macro to /wait 4 so I could trip it immediately when I saw her message. Sometimes the party is going too fast for me to pay attention, but I've pulled off a chain just by counting and hitting the macro and praying :lol:

Vostok 7