Is the Bandai Macross Quarter really that terrible?

Magnus

Why would you need to be fair? I mentioned that already. haha.

Scyla, you gotta read the whole post :ph34r: before you jump in like a ninja.

In your original post it seams that all CDX reviewers have no idea what the do besides 70s Super Robot toys and Star Wars.

I wanted to point out that today almost all Macross related stuff is done by Veef but the original Macross Quarter review was done by Adam.

Also it is good do hear a critical review when you thinking about ordering a high priced item (maybe not so high priced since were tanking here about the Quarter after all). Sure your copy of the toy might hold the flight deck and gun straight but that might vary (and it will since its from Bandai). If I order something from Amazon I always read some user comments that gave a bad rating because I want to know whats the worst case.

We've been doing live recordings at justin.tv/collectiondx every Thursday night too if you want to pop in the chatroom.

I'll try but it's hard when you're on the left coast and are on a two hour train commute from work every night. :(

...also, I always thought Adam and Josh (especially Adam) were Macross fans. They don't spend a lot of time talking about Macross as us here but they do love their Macross as well. They like diecast and they like their super robots and Star Wars though (things I've seen them talk very negatively about at times) . Anyway, I like their honest opinions and I do believe they are honest opinions unrelated to whether they receive a sample copy for review or not (this is hard to prove or disprove anyway for any reviewer out there). Like I said, they aren't for everybody though and you have to be thick skinned and be able to handle criticism of your favorite properties if they happen to be super critical about a certain toy or topic. It's fair to criticize CDX but it should equally be fair to hear from the other side as well. Please don't take it as us jumping down your throat. It's all good, man :)B))

To keep from derailing this thread any further we should get back to talking about Macross Quarter The Toy. I'm just on the edge of the cliff here when it comes to picking up this toy. I want one but what's keeping me from picking it up are just small nitpicky things. Granted I've only seen pictures and video reviews (several different ones) but I feel the details could be sharper. The small deck guns just look a little gummy to me. As I said earlier, the color is another thing that throws me off and the shiny (non-matte) plastic just does not work for a gigantic cruiser. I think the floppiness in cruiser mode is something that can be fixed if they engineered it differently. I don't know how but I just believe it can be done.

I want Macross Quarter The Toy 2 Renewal: Macross Harder, Bandai! Do it! :wub:

(never gonna happen) :(

Edited by xrentonx

I'll try but it's hard when you're on the left coast and are on a two hour train commute from work every night. :(

aw.

...also, I always thought Adam and Josh (especially Adam) were Macross fans.

That is very true. Josh especially has a pretty sizable collection in that cabinet to the left of him. Although to be honest when I go to his house I tend to gravitate towards the type of stuff I don't also have like his rare Standard Nikick from Orguss (which frustrated the hell out of me when I tried to transform it) and his Machine Robo stuff :3

In your original post it seams that all CDX reviewers have no idea what the do besides 70s Super Robot toys and Star Wars.

I wanted to point out that today almost all Macross related stuff is done by Veef but the original Macross Quarter review was done by Adam.

Also it is good do hear a critical review when you thinking about ordering a high priced item (maybe not so high priced since were tanking here about the Quarter after all). Sure your copy of the toy might hold the flight deck and gun straight but that might vary (and it will since its from Bandai). If I order something from Amazon I always read some user comments that gave a bad rating because I want to know whats the worst case.

I didn't say "all" I specifically said Josh and Adam. And I also specifically said some of the other guys do a great job, Veef included.

Yes, I like critical reviews. It's all about value for your money. But saying a toy is total crap because you don't know how to transform it and hurt yourself in the process... It's not a giant vinyl Voltron. It takes a little finesse. I also think the way Adam handled criticism of his review was pretty childish and unprofessional.

You did this in another thread where you either don't read or don't understand what you read and confused people. haha. Just something I noticed. Nothing personal of course, just a suggestion.

A renewal would be fantastic, but I don't think you can beat this thing in Robot mode.

Edited by Gakken85