Valkyrie Of Macross

TheElf

Very nice,

However might I suggest you move your tag to the bottom of the image so as not to obscure your work?

Hi Zinjo! Thanks! Unfortunately the tag is a bit of a necessity as image theft is a common problem. I try to not to obsure anything important. In actuality the only thing important is the image of Minmei, everything else is only there to present context and allow the viewer some background. I wish I didn't have to use a tag, but such is life.

Hi Zinjo! Thanks! Unfortunately the tag is a bit of a necessity as image theft is a common problem. I try to not to obsure anything important. In actuality the only thing important is the image of Minmei, everything else is only there to present context and allow the viewer some background. I wish I didn't have to use a tag, but such is life.

Image theft is a frustrating, aggravating reality, and I agree that the stock Deviant Art watermark leaves A LOT to be desired.

I recommend that you: turn it into a watermark (transparency of 10 to 20%, so it's not obtrusive, but is still visible) and put it right on the character (it's current placement can still be cropped out of the image).

You can still add an opaque signature or contact info in another part of the image. Here's an example: http://studiootaking.deviantart.com/art/VF-5-Over-Gas-Giant-304272876?q=gallery%3Astudiootaking%2F142150&qo=8

Image theft is a frustrating, aggravating reality, and I agree that the stock Deviant Art watermark leaves A LOT to be desired.

I recommend that you: turn it into a watermark (transparency of 10 to 20%, so it's not obtrusive, but is still visible) and put it right on the character (it's current placement can still be cropped out of the image).

You can still add an opaque signature or contact info in another part of the image. Here's an example: http://studiootaking.deviantart.com/art/VF-5-Over-Gas-Giant-304272876?q=gallery%3Astudiootaking%2F142150&qo=8

hmmm, good idea Sketchely...I'll have to give that a go...

Posting art on the Internet is like watching a child go off into the world. Once it happens, it's not truly yours anymore. Through I agree about the watermarks. It's also fun to see where your work pops up. I've seen stuff I've done show up in totally unrelated searches. The key is not to put up a size to where someone can make money off it. I don't think people really take credit for the work, they just post it without giving credit where it's due.

Great drawing Elf! The thing with shadows... I use to do the same thing with taking the figure's outline and skewing it. But now I find it easier and more natural to just draw it separately. Also the color of the shadow should match the color if the floor outside the spotlight, not black. Otherwise a good piece of fan art.

Watermarks are fine, but make them too blatant, and it just promps people to edit them out, repost it, then some 3rd person grabs it and claims it.
First you should start with actually putting your name in the author info on the JPG file.

Use TinEye.com every once in awhile on your own stuff if you are paranoid.
It's great for finding people posting your art.

But don't let scumbags stop you from posting art. Art should be seen, not stored.

Posting art on the Internet is like watching a child go off into the world. Once it happens, it's not truly yours anymore. Through I agree about the watermarks. It's also fun to see where your work pops up. I've seen stuff I've done show up in totally unrelated searches. The key is not to put up a size to where someone can make money off it. I don't think people really take credit for the work, they just post it without giving credit where it's due.

We are on the same page with that one. I too have seen some of my stuff show up in the most interesting places. Only once was my tag cropped off, but I didn't see any evidence of that person claiming the work as their own.

Watermarks are fine, but make them too blatant, and it just promps people to edit them out, repost it, then some 3rd person grabs it and claims it.

First you should start with actually putting your name in the author info on the JPG file.

Use TinEye.com every once in awhile on your own stuff if you are paranoid.

It's great for finding people posting your art.

But don't let scumbags stop you from posting art. Art should be seen, not stored.

You are referring to the "exif" information embedded in jpeg files.

That is the best place to ID your work as most "scumbags" as it were are not aware of this information and only certain software is capable of editing it.

Lovely image,I thought I recognized it popping up in my feed on DeviantArt :D

About Art theift,it is a common thing but most get caught out when they cant back anything up,usually the community picks up on it pretty quickly but having a watermark does make it more secure. I dont usually do watermarks on my drawings but I draw my signature IN the drawing itself but still manage to make it look like its part of the image. kinda like this one I did - .http://iganinja.deviantart.com/#/art/Focus-82315561?hf=1

But hey,if someone is bent on stealing they are going to find a way anyway,watermark or not. its their loss in the end anyway,and when people find out the true artist well,more exposure for you. lol.

Keep up the great work!