1/48 VF_1D head design

gwfalcon

Lots of us, including me, enjoy the Cap America's 1D kits. Just want to give the head a bit more anime feeling.

Here we go, what is shown below is a unit I got using a printer just bought by my university. Quite nice quality. Will try to add the transparent eye laser to make the surrounding edge a bit smaller.

Let me know what you guys think,

photo1_zps1d20d418.jpg

photo2_zps5a2ed8e1.jpg

photo3_zpse90e08bd.jpg

photo4_zps72acf03c.jpg

photo5_zpseaf901a4.jpg

photo6_zps21caf064.jpg

Edited by gwfalcon

• 2 weeks later...

Gdub, don't tease me like this...do you really mean an honest to goodness 2-seater upgrade kit for the existing 1/48? You doggone right I can wait! Man please don't let me down on this one!

Haha, sure, will keep you updated on that, either here or PM.

While you doing that... how's about a VT/VE sketch for the 1/48???? Hint.... hint....

Yap, I started it but its not very easy. The main challange comes from the reshape of the upper cockpit part. It is different with the 1D 2-set layout and I also intend to merge it with the bottom part perfectly. The work on multi-path loft and surface reforming are quite time consuming (fortunately totally acheivable). Also, because of the adding of other additional parts like vertical tails, the total cost will go up acoordingly. So far just want to create a set for fun and dont know how many are really interested the 1/48 one. Honestly, 1/48's era has passed away, although I am still sticking to this design.

That looks amazing. I'm still so blown away by the whole idea of ready-manufactured plastic on these printers. It's like we're living in the future or something!

Thanks buddy. Same feeling!

Edited by gwfalcon

I forgot about all the other pieces that would be needed for those. The 1D is alot easier to build... cost wise. Did you try and see if a shorter nosecone piece is possible? One similar to the V2 1/60's? Since the 1/48's are detachable, you could make a stubbier one. I would buy those for my 48's.... along with a 1D conversion. I have an extra super Hikaru I could chop up. ;)