Import calendars.

Anubis

Well, I got my Ai Yori Aoshi Calendar today. Very lovely calendar.

post-26-1071114029_thumb.jpg

Unfortunately I assumed the dates would use numbers, and not Kanji. I'll still put it up probably anyway, but I got a little burned on the actual month display. Are all Japanese import calendars like this? I could have sworn I've seen a lot with normal month displays. I guess I have to stick to domestic celendars next year. Probably should have researched that a little more.

post-26-1071114158_thumb.jpg

Edited by Anubis

I t would figure that the only calendar that caught my eye enough for me to buy it would be one of the only ones to use kanji instead of numbers. <_< Not my lucky week.

Maybe I should get a Gundam or Masamune Shirow celendar. Don't really want to go the Dilbert route this year again. We'll see. I still kinda want to put this one on the wall.

Edited by Anubis

That's why I bought the calendar, too. For the images. A regular month display would be nice, but would only serve me to remind me what day of the week it is. That's it, and that's why it will most likely go up anyway.

I know the cover and Christmas pic are both going to be framed eventually.

Question though since this is the first kind of calendar like this that I have bought: Are you supposed to tear or cut the pages off each month or are you ideally supposed to flip through it every time you wanted to check the date?

Also, I saw the nail hole on the back of the binding, am I supposed to put it on the nail as is, or try to bend that piece up straight and do it that way? Maybe a dumb question, but I want to make sure I don't mess up the calendar.

well if you want to be practical   <_<  you're supposed to rip off each page. yes the nail goes through that metal piece you bend back.

what most of us do is use bear clips and hang it up using those.

Yeah, tearing off the pages is not really something I want to do. I'll cut a few off eventually to save them though.

Bear Clips? Is this what you're talking about?

Thanks a lot for the info.

post-26-1071150613.jpg

Edited by Anubis

Don't you just love the size of those things? I do! However, I decided not to go with an anime related calendar this year, but with a race queen calendar. Sorry about the quality, but I didn't want the flash glaring the picture. Can you guess who it is? Hint hint, check my sig!

One other thing, if you guys have never been over to J-List's website, they sell hundreds of these things if you have the patience to look through them all. That's where I got my present calendar and the Evangelion one from last year.

post-26-1071290715_thumb.gif

Edited by Noriko Takaya

Robert's Corner Anime Store still has a couple. Act fast if you want one, they are the last place I've seen that still have it.

I'm kind of tempted to get the Masamune Shirow one, too. I don't know yet.

Edited by Anubis