Borderlands 2

Benson13

Man, that absolutely sucks. I'm assuming you have more than one computer to play it on though so it shouldn't be a total loss.

Nope. Nothing else to play it on. And to top it off I ordered a new laptop and paid extra for rush build/delivery and I'm being told parts are on back-order and I have to wait until at least October 1st for the thing to ship.

Edited by Mommar

Nope. Nothing else to play it on. And to top it off I ordered a new laptop and paid extra for rush build/delivery and I'm being told parts are on back-order and I have to wait until at least October 1st for the thing to ship.

Sounds like they need to refund your money on the rush/delivery.

I just cancelled the order with that place. Wound up paying $300 more but I'll have my new computer Monday (looks like.) I did, however, find out that Borderlands 2 is actually playable on a six year old, buggy desktop with a video card that's only 256MB (their minimum specs are 512mb) but only if you turn everything off and run it in... wait for it, 640x480.

So far it's a pretty solid game. I really like the badass point challenges and how they allow you to beef up your character inbetween levels. The humor is fantastic in this game and makes you want to progress the story or sidequests further just to hear what some of the characters have to say.

I guess a minor nitpick, they were never going to able to top that awesome intro from the first game. As much as i like what they tried, and the song they used, not nearly the fun impact of the first.

Is it just me or does this second one seem a lot harder? Ammo is not nearly as plentiful. You're pretty much forced to pick up and use lesser weapons... unless the resolution on my game has to be set so low (Friday... but probably Monday to fix that) I can't actually see some of the ammo clips? LOL

I kinda agree on the intro, tho I still thought it was great. On the other hand, I think more of the "Borderlands personality" shines through the actual game this time. The original Borderlands? Kinda bland outside of the intro cut scene, up until you hit the DLC.

This game shines right from the start and stays consistently entertaining.

Harder, tho? I thought the start of the game was easier, and otherwise has remained about on-par with the original.

My new computer finally arrive Monday and I had time to install the game last night and put it through it's paces. All of the PhysX and particle effects make it really hard to aim/shoot enemies. There's sparks and shards and smoke/fog and bits of cloth getting in front of EVERYTHING all the time.