Help - Yamato defect, missing piece on VF-1D 1/60 Perfect Transformati

MacrossJoe

I just bought a brand new VF-1D 1/60 30th anniversary Perfect transformation Valkyrie with option parts off of ebay.

I was super happy when I got it in the mail today.

However, when I started to transform the toy, I noticed that the flap on the back pack was missing.

Check out the picture link below:

https://plus.google.com/u/0/photos/102202561735617170433/albums/5777149350894254785?authkey=CMDouoDMpqaohAE

Has anyone else experienced this mis-fortune with Yamato VF-1 toys?

Does anyone know how I can get a replacement part for this?

Thanks.

I have this 30th anniversary VF-1D too but the flap is here.

Maybe you should contact your eBay reseller so he can get in touch with the first seller (might be an online shop such as amiami or hlj or ...). Only this person can do something about the missing part since he was the original buyer.

Maybe someone here would also be able to reproduce the piece via recasting from a negative mold or recreate it so it can be printed in 3D.

Good luck.

I've had that experience before, straight from the box but the flap was not even there. Luckily the seller manage to find me a back pack for replacement.

This is the 2nd weak joint after the shoulders on V2. Make sure your back pack hinge is still there, mine was snapped off so the flap fell some where.

post-611-0-39680800-1345318712_thumb.jpg

post-611-0-98553900-1345318722_thumb.jpg

Vi-RS, I definitely feel your pain!.

Mine looks to be a genuine assembly error by Yamato because both of the hinges on my 1D are intact. It basically looked like someone forgot to put the flap on during assembly.

I own the Max and Ben(Kakizaki?) TV version also, so I know the flaps don't just fall off.

Valhary, wow, thanks, I really appreciate it.

I'll send you a PM.

Thanks ValHary, how much do you want for the part?

Also, does anyone know how to disassemble the backpack on these VF-1 toys?

Hi MacrossJoe, my english is not so good to explain you how to disassemble the backpack but i can show you the parts involved in it. the images are from the assenbly kit version, one is the assenbly procedure the other is the parts list.

one thing to be careful with are the parts B10 and B11 which cover (hide) the screws these may be factory glued.

post-12890-0-46303400-1345363772_thumb.jpgpost-12890-0-80770700-1345363811_thumb.jpg

Edited by valkfighter

valkfighter, thanks for the diagrams, very useful information.

The two pieces you mentioned, B10 and B11, those are exactly the two pieces I'm having difficulty with.

I can't figure out a good way to get those pieces off without damaging them.

Anyone know a good way to remove those pieces?

I think I might just use a flat blade tool to very carefully pry the two main pieces of the backpack slightly open and just wedge the flap in.

That's pretty much what you have to do to get those to open. Just do it little by little. You might be able to get away with just taking off just B10 and pry it carefully enough to slip the B15 part in there. But if the gap isn't wide enough, you'll have to take out all the screws. Careful is the word, you don't want a valk that looks like Vi-RS's images.