Does eye candy rot yer eyes?

RainBot

macross03.jpg

I kinda like the 1s flying in Battroid mode. The hangers have been used with Ikea c- clips (found in Ikea's parts department) attached.

This is obviously a 1/60 collection. My second 1D is wearing the fast packs belonging to the 1J. There is one space waiting the arrival of the GBP... one day.

The 1/48s are elsewhere.

Oddly, the old Matchbox toys seem to be closely in scale with the 1/60 valks.....

Edited by RainBot

What's in the middle of that set of 3 non-Macross toys on the left edge of the pic? I recognize the top and bottm, but not the middle.

It looks like an Evangelion UNIT 02 spearing/lancing/killing a Mass Production Evangelion (sp?). B))

I'm not sure if it's a Kaiyodo or Bandai. :blink:

What's in the middle of that set of 3 non-Macross toys on the left edge of the pic? I recognize the top and bottm, but not the middle.

It looks like an Evangelion UNIT 02 spearing/lancing/killing a Mass Production Evangelion (sp?). B))

I'm not sure if it's a Kaiyodo or Bandai. :blink:

the 02 is series 1 Kaiyodo, and the 05 is the Series 1 Bandai LMHG

Nice collection and display. You're correct that the Matchbox/HG/Exo-squad 7" destroids are about 1/60 scale. We had a thread or two on this a while back with painstaking measurement and comparison to the official stats. The Glaug and Regult are probably between 1/55 & 1/60 (closer to 1/55 but 1/60 stuff looks good with them).

wow, that's a nice collection. One thing though, what's keeping the super vf-1d in that position? It looks like it would fall it someone were to bump the shelf. Nice way of using those IKEA hanger thingies. Where does it connect to on the super O and elint? and is it pretty safe to use it that way?

Thanks for the compliments, folks!

The planes are fairly solid, although the Elint and Osterich took a nose dive when I was tlaking to a friend on the phone. You see, the reason I put the Ikea C-clips on the hangers was to both protect the plastic and paint on the diecast as well as providing with a support that could fit in the tiny slot located just aft and below the hinge for the backpack. Shoved in great, kept em in place. Then I took them off to fly them around the room, and as I put them back on in haste, I neglected to secure them properly, and they ended up crashing with minor damage. Hurm.

Max: I saw somebody post on here last year about using coat hangers for display, and coating them in plastic to reduce paint chipping. I took that a little further here. All the planes, including the Super 1D (yeah, putting missles on a trainer is asking for accidents, but it looks cool) that are in flight are using coat hangers inserted into the gap around the shoulder joint in plane mode.

JBO : Asuka's Eva is dicing up a mass production Eva. That eva is not a model, but a bootreg toy I got from a convenience store. It sucks, but at the time was the only version of that toy around. It's plastic is very brittle, but looks great with blood and gundam marker... I had purchased these toys before I saw Eva 'cause I loved the designs. Then I saw Eva... and hated Asuka.... thankfully the scene that scenario is from is kinda cool, so I am okay with it... barely...

UN Spacy: Still playing with the posability of the hangers. They'll get painted soon, once the backgrounds are completed. All backgrounds are print outs of screen caps from the tv show and movie. The top image behind the M&M 1Js are from the Mac plus boxes...

Neova: All the non-Yamato toys are from the original Robotech line of toys.

Again, thanks for the compliments!

Thanks.

Reideen is not a Chogokin, actually. He's 100% plastic.

Medicom's Miracle Action Figure, to be precise. A very delicate, fairly posable "transforming" Super Robot.

He looks like diecast, feels like a model kit, but he's the best rendition of Reideen I have seen. And I got him for , like, 16 bucks, so hey. I rock. ;)