VF-1 being outdated?

VF-1S Alpha

But Cheney ordered the F-14 jigs destroyed, to specifically prevent new parts. That's just unheard of. You never destroy the jigs, not until the design is so old nobody would need parts/the manufacturer can't support it.

Before this thread gets locked I just want to say that that is just criminal... an insult to the people that designed, built, pilotted such a beautiful and unmatched craft. Not to mention to the people that was inspired by it to make wonderful transforming toys...( :p )

What we need is Martin Sheen and the USS Nimitz to get sucked into a wormhole and stop old Dick's birth with a squadron of Tomcats.

Are we talking about toys or Macross continuity here? Or maybe the real, real world?

Wrong forum indeed.

Nobody has a clue what this post was originally about, now we're onto realworld stuff though.

To add something else, I think equipment is important, look at what the Isrealis hve done with their F-4s, but I think having a crewmember dedicated to weapons systems, it allows the pilot to concentrate on flying. I beleive there was a study in the mid 1990's where F/A-18Cs wher Compared with Marine F/A-18D squadrons and the D's continually had better acuaracy.

:unsure:

Well, I think I had some explanation to give out...

Just had a bad flu, and maybe it was the medication I was taking...so my mind wasn't working that well...so my deepest apologies for making everyone confused!

My point is that my mind is clear now:

1. I love TOMCATS (F-14), and that is why I love VF-1 from Macross! That's why I was sad to see the F-14 phasing out...and thanks to many members explanations about the background, now I understand the real situation.

2. I love the 1/48 line of VF-1, and by no means, Yamato can keep doing the variants of it, or any other line of Macross VFs of any other series if they ever do it. So no criticism from my part.

3. And regarding Kawamori, I just wanted to point out that I loved his "next step/generation" of our current aircrafts, from all the VFs of the Macross series.

So, I got flamed, burned, and criticized! Thank you and I deserved totally!

:ph34r:

What we need is Martin Sheen and the USS Nimitz to get sucked into a wormhole

What was that movie called? I remember that movie actually. Seriously.

2 million woolongs to anyone that can name that movie... I bet it's easy money...