Macross themed debit/credit cards, do they exist?

mrhillz

It's just a random thought, but did any banks in Japan ever make any? They would be rather collectible if any were ever issued.

There was a series Valkyrie (VF-1x) credit cards put out by a Japanese bank. ^_^;

Too bad I didn't know anyone in Japan at that time.

Edited by nanoplasm

i've got a pamphlet from the early 2000's for this "MACROSS OFFICIAL CARD" credit card series, consisting of

a JCB version and a VISA version, each with Tenjin HASEGAWA box art of either Ichijo's DYRL VF-1A or Focker's VF-1S,

both in FIGHTER mode.

i'll have to take the time to dig it up...

It's just a random thought, but did any banks in Japan ever make any? They would be rather collectible if any were ever issued.

If you have "Valkyries" by Hidetaka Tenjin, on page 46 is the artwork for the GE Visa Card (VF-1S, Roy), and page 48 has the GE JCB Card (VF-1J, Hikaru).

If you have "Valkyries" by Hidetaka Tenjin, on page 46 is the artwork for the GE Visa Card (VF-1S, Roy), and page 48 has the GE JCB Card (VF-1J, Hikaru).

Hey! I've got a Macross credit card! Had the wife appply for me years ago, came with a huge sticker. Artwork is by tenjin. I'll have to see if I can dig it up somewhere....I don't think we ever used it.