In reaction to Coop:

5: I actually like these, nice cosplay toy, oversized, yes, but still fun
4: Agree

3: Agree

2: Fun Cosplay blaster, bad usability

1: I like the deploy, hard to mod, but great cosplay potential as Mass Effect Shotgun with how it folds up and out.

That's... extremely disappointing. The entirety of Nerf history and the worst he can come up with is the Deploy? What about the Detonator? The Slingshot? The Backlash? The Air Launcher? Come on man, use some imagination!

Those are ancient Nerf blasters you mentioned, so he didn't include them because the technology of the '70s and '90s simply doesn't compare to modern blasters.

Fair point on the Air Launcher. I honestly didn't realize how old that one was. I feel like the others are still valid though since they were released at the same time as legends like the Arrowstorm (1993) and Crossbow (1995), as well as Larami's early SuperMaxx line (1994) if you're willing to count those. Now, the Deploy is still bad, but you'd have to work really hard to convice me it's the worst of all time.

Fair point on the Air Launcher. I honestly didn't realize how old that one was. I feel like the others are still valid though since they were released at the same time as legends like the Arrowstorm (1993) and Crossbow (1995), as well as Larami's early SuperMaxx line (1994) if you're willing to count those. Now, the Deploy is still bad, but you'd have to work really hard to convice me it's the worst of all time.

Given that I've only worked with the N-Strike and Vortex lines, I will say that the Deploy CS-6 is the all-time worst. Six years ago, when I got the Barricade RV-10 as my first Nerf blaster, my brother was deciding between the Recon CS-6 and the Deploy. As the sales clerk demoed both blasters, the Deploy jammed right out of the box. As a result, my brother picked up the Recon instead.

Aside from that jamming problem, the Deploy CS-6 fails at everything else. The transforming gimmick is useless in Nerf Wars and the flashlight is outright lousy. Of course, like all Nerf blasters, you can mod the hell out of it to get some decent range, but why waste your time on it when you can just pick up a Longshot CS-6 and mod that instead?

• 4 weeks later...

I was thinking about something in regards to nerf lines.
The new accustrike series is coming out/is out and the claim to fame is the new darts that promise better accuracy, at least at shorter ranges.
Then there is the rival lines, better accuracy, good range, but the blasters tend to be much bulkier, and the ball ammo has never proven super popular.
The Elite line is foam flinging fun with great ranges, some cool designs but horrid accuracy.

Why doesn't Nerf consider a "pro" line with more powerful blasters firing Steffen sized (half normal elite sized) darts? Looking at some of the insane power and precision that the artifact/steffen breaches provide and especially the accuracy and power of the Explorer blasters, it seems to make sense. Make a higher priced, more accuracy/power derived line that will attract the airsoft crowd. Make it clear that these blasters are not for kids and price them in the $100+ range like airsoft guns. The nerf aftermarket shows that there is a desire for this with people willing to pay well over $100 to make these awesome, more accurate, and cooler looking blasters based on everything out there.
They could then have either smaller magazines specifically for the pro line to limit cross use and automatically make it clear at nerf wars what people are using. Or, they could just offer two versions in different paint schemes and internals that still use the same sized magazine, but with the inner mag for the smaller, more accurate darts.
What do people think of that?

I was thinking about something in regards to nerf lines.

The new accustrike series is coming out/is out and the claim to fame is the new darts that promise better accuracy, at least at shorter ranges.

Then there is the rival lines, better accuracy, good range, but the blasters tend to be much bulkier, and the ball ammo has never proven super popular.

The Elite line is foam flinging fun with great ranges, some cool designs but horrid accuracy.

Why doesn't Nerf consider a "pro" line with more powerful blasters firing Steffen sized (half normal elite sized) darts? Looking at some of the insane power and precision that the artifact/steffen breaches provide and especially the accuracy and power of the Explorer blasters, it seems to make sense. Make a higher priced, more accuracy/power derived line that will attract the airsoft crowd. Make it clear that these blasters are not for kids and price them in the $100+ range like airsoft guns. The nerf aftermarket shows that there is a desire for this with people willing to pay well over $100 to make these awesome, more accurate, and cooler looking blasters based on everything out there.

They could then have either smaller magazines specifically for the pro line to limit cross use and automatically make it clear at nerf wars what people are using. Or, they could just offer two versions in different paint schemes and internals that still use the same sized magazine, but with the inner mag for the smaller, more accurate darts.

What do people think of that?

While it sounds like a good idea, Hasbro won't do it because they stand on their belief that Nerf is for kids and not the college students and adults that make majority of the demographic.