MW. Hong Kong Shopathon Jan 2004.

Sebastian

This are the cheapest hotels I saw from Guppis list.

Ramada

US$ 63 The ramada chain is a very good one.

What about this one?

Empire

This one is in Nathan Road, in the main HK shopping Street. US$ 68.

Hotel

The Majestic is also in Nathan Road, and It is US$ 69.

This hotel is a samll but decent one. I had stayed there before. 5 years ago... hehehe. Anyways it is well located, and there is a Cinema in the same building.

Majestic

Last update!

The list keeps growing! Whooooo Hoooooo!!!

Confirmed Members:

Graham.

Wingcomander.

Noel (Black Aces).

Guppy.

VF-1S Alpha (Paulo)

DemonPlay.

Recon.

Lazyman.

Shawn.

Sebastian.

So we have 10 confirmed members, FOUR wifes and one Baby.

Graham. I am not sure about Shawn. Is he also coming?

Almost confirmed (You are STILL the only one )

Neova. <_<

Guys I just Checked the Ramada Hotel rates in a new web site and the rate is as low as 51 USD per night! I think is a VERY good price for an international hotel. Also it is VERY well located, Space museum, Cultural Center, HK museum of art, Ferri to cross the river to the island, we can Check the Bay at anytime (wich is AMAZING at night) and Nathan Road is very near the hotel. A taxi from there to the Sino Centre will be very cheap.

I am also considering to be near turist places and night life since I am going there with my two backpacks (wife and son).

Please go Check the rates in this site.

HERE

Noel.

Anyways we will be walking ALL day and moving from one place to another. I think the best deal is the Ramada, price and location. Specially because of my wife... buuuuu

I had walked Nathan raod several times... OMG It IS looooong.

Also Guppy just told me the Ramada Twin room is the same price as a single so you guys can share!

Sold!! I am going to book at the Ramada.

Hey guppy you have been on ebay or other auctions forum too many a times issit?

I will be staying at BP international as its close to my in-law's place. No worries for me as MTR is a short walk away and just a few train stops to Mongkok.

How and where should we meet on the actual day? and what time too? I shouldn't be having any problem as i have Graham's number to contact in case of miscommunication or emergencies.

Hey Noel i presume you are staying at your GF's place rite? :D:p

Mongkok? near to sino centre or far away?

Noel when would you be arriving in HK? want to go together on the same flight?

Cheers

Edited by recon

Sold!! I am going to book at the Ramada.

Hey guppy you have been on ebay or other auctions forum too many a times issit?

I will be staying at BP international as its close to my in-law's place. No worries for me as MTR is a short walk away and just a few train stops to Mongkok.

How and where should we meet on the actual day? and what time too? I shouldn't be having any problem as i have Graham's number to contact in case of miscommunication or emergencies.

Hey Noel i presume you are staying at your GF's place rite? :D:p

Mongkok? near to sino centre or far away?

Noel when would you be arriving in HK? want to go together on the same flight?

Cheers

guilty as charged.. I am a confessed ebay junkie! ;)

OK - I have booked at the Ramada.

I will probably meet sebastian at the airport. I will follow him to wherever the meeting place is as I will completely lost in HK!

guilty as charged.. I am a confessed ebay junkie! ;)

OK - I have booked at the Ramada.

I will probably meet sebastian at the airport. I will follow him to wherever the meeting place is as I will completely lost in HK!

HUAAAA HA HA HA!

dont worry my friend, I will guide you to the CORRECT places. :ph34r:

Ok guys,

So we more or less settled our accomodation! :D

So the next question, what are you going to get while you are there at the toy shops? Be it Sino Centre, CTMA centre and Animate and so on...

I dun even know what i need...frankly saying cos everything is provided here in SG...maybe i will try my luck at getting 1 more 1/48 VF-1S Hikaru or more Fps or maybe even CM figures.

Basically my trip to HK is mainly personal..meet my in laws...have a farewell dinner with her friends and parents...bring my fiancee over to SG for registration of marriage. ;) Not to mention...take a good break from work as well as meet the people whom are in MW.

I thought of proposing to my fiancee while i was there (I got the ring already)...therefore need your support to boost up my courage and guts.. :p

Frankly saying guys like Graham, Guppy Sebastian and others, how did you guys propose to your wife? In front of a big crowd or in a corner quietly away from others?

Cheers

So the next question, what are you going to get while you are there at the toy shops? Be it Sino Centre, CTMA centre and Animate and so on...

I dun even know what i need...frankly saying cos everything is provided here in SG

I bet you will find a LOT of cool stuff to spend your money. Beleive me.

Me wants some books, movies, Orgoids, Valks, Models, and whatever cool looking mecha I find.

thought of proposing to my fiancee while i was there (I got the ring already)...therefore need your support to boost up my courage and guts.. 

Frankly saying guys like Graham, Guppy Sebastian and others, how did you guys propose to your wife? In front of a big crowd or in a corner quietly away from others?

Hummmm...

My experience was kinda special. I got this job in China, so I asked her to come with me. She said "Okie, but first buy me a big diamond ring". So I did and we got married on a Saturday night and took a plane to Shanghai on Monday. I was so COOL. :unsure:

Well we where toghether since we had 17 years old, so I guess to get married was nothing but a formality.

I dont know much about the two Gs, but I herd some comments...

I heard Guppy lied to his wife about his age, first name, second name, Family name, job, hobbies, possetions, financial situation and proyections.

Graham lied to his wife about been a weapons dealer and told her he was a Labor pilot.

:ph34r:

lol! Something like that! I proposed after we had spent a weekend with my mother. I had the ring for a while but then my mother came down and ruined my romantic plans!

I thought if she can put up with my mom and keep sane then she is the one for me!! :D

Heh, I never actually formally proposed to my wife, which is something she never lets me forget.

The story is like this, we had been living together for about 7 years already and talked about marriage, but we were not really in a hurry. Anyway, my parents in UK kept bugging me about getting married, so just to shut them up, I told them we were thinking about it sooni-ish and then all of a sudden just like that, they started arranging everything, booking the church, hotel reception etc. So rather than disappoint them, we just decided to go along with it and got married. I've no regrets and I've been married very happily for six and a half years already now.

So I guess the closest I every came to a proposal was: -

Me: "so ya' wanna get married in a few years?"

My wife: "Err....okay, I guess so."

:D:D:D:D

Graham

I dun even know what i need...frankly saying cos everything is provided here in SG

I bet you will find a LOT of cool stuff to spend your money. Beleive me.

Me wants some books, movies, Orgoids, Valks, Models, and whatever cool looking mecha I find.

thought of proposing to my fiancee while i was there (I got the ring already)...therefore need your support to boost up my courage and guts.. 

Hummmm...

My experience was kinda special. I got this job in China, so I asked her to come with me. She said "Okie, but first buy me a big diamond ring". So I did and we got married on a Saturday night and took a plane to Shanghai on Monday. I was so COOL. :unsure:

Well we where toghether since we had 17 years old, so I guess to get married was nothing but a formality.

I dont know much about the two Gs, but I herd some comments...

I heard Guppy lied to his wife about his age, first name, second name, Family name, job, hobbies, possetions, financial situation and proyections.

Graham lied to his wife about been a weapons dealer and told her he was a Labor pilot.

:ph34r:

Hahaha

Sebastian you shouldn't mentioned such things in the main. :lol::D:p

Anyway my fiancee has been together in this relationship with me for 3 years, i just wish to bring her over and start taking care of her afterall she has been my pillar of support and encouragement over these 3 years when i was jobless after grad from Uni as well when i was having problems or difficulties. I think if given any gal in SG, they would have left me long ago but she waited for me and believed in me and cared for me even though we were in different continents. Noel also has a gf in HK, we shall see when he gets married, maybe then we could use another excuse to hold another MW HK Shopathon. :lol::D:ph34r:

Hey Sebastian is your wife an asian? Or she was just working in china? :D

With regards to what to buy while in HK, i would see how things go, if i see what i like, i may get it. But my first pirority if they are available are the CM figures and maybe a 1/48 VF-1J or VF-1S Hikaru (Im a MISB freak, one to play, one to keep). :D:pB))

Cheers

lol! Something like that! I proposed after we had spent a weekend with my mother. I had the ring for a while but then my mother came down and ruined my romantic plans!

I thought if she can put up with my mom and keep sane then she is the one for me!!  :D

Rite on Guppy!

Any wife who is able to put up with their mother-inlaws is a good wife. She will be more tolerant to you with regards to spending on toys.

Cheers

Edited by recon

Heh, I never actually formally proposed to my wife, which is something she never lets me forget.

The story is like this, we had been living together for about 7 years already and talked about marriage, but we were not really in a hurry. Anyway, my parents in UK kept bugging me about getting married, so just to shut them up, I told them we were thinking about it sooni-ish and then all of a sudden just like that, they started arranging everything, booking the church, hotel reception etc. So rather than disappoint them, we just decided to go along with it and got married. I've no regrets and I've been married very happily for six and a half years already now.

So I guess the closest I every came to a proposal was: -

:D:D:D:D

Graham

Hey Graham,

Thats cool, so you parents arranged everything for ya and you didnt have to break a sweat about it.

Whereas me my head is about to burst just on the registration, booking and immigration clearance that i have to do, but i got all that in check now. so just take one step at a time. Would bringing an empty suitcase to HK this January, no it isnt for toys but to act as a spare for her clothes and stuff.

Maybe i should just bring her to a quiet corner near the causeway bay and proposed rite? :rolleyes::p

Next is Noel on the list to get hitched, maybe we shall hint hint to his gf. :lol::D:p

Cheers

Hey Sebastian is your wife an asian? Or she was just working in china?

She is from Chile. And she wasnt working in China, it was me the one who got the job here.

I KNEW you where a romantic guy Graham!

You guys are not getting anywhere near my girlfriend

Will see Noel...will see :ph34r:

Hi guys,

Okie seeing that you have already made reservations for your accomodation. thats a relief. Any problems in arranging transportation from the airport to your hotel? As i mentioned, never take a taxi from the airport to your hotel, as it cost a bomb..mor likely its cost you a 1/48 valk. :p There are certain hotels that cater transportation to and fro the airport and hotel on the arrival and departure dates but im not certain which are the ones. Maybe you can check up with the hotel you booked wether they cater such services.

Okie now onto the question: When and what date you guys will be arriving in HK? Have you guys thought of a place to meet?

For me ill be arriving on the 8th of January 2004, Mid noon.

Place of meeting which i feel would be most ideal is Sino Centre entrance. Regards to those staying at Ramada, perhaps you guys can arrange to meet at the hotel lobby at a designated time, before proceeding to Sino Centre. Once all of us have gathered, we maybe can go for breakfast first as the shops dun open that early...need the energy for a hectic day ahead as there will alot of walking and shopping.

Dinner? what do you guys intend? Have it together then proceed to a pub to drink and chat abt macross and stuff till we are drunk? :lol::D:p

10th of January, Saturday. More shopping? then followed by the routine schedule? :D:rolleyes:

11th of January, Sunday, again more shopping? Boy im bushed. :lol::blink:

sorry guys im leaving on a flight together with my fiancee in the evening, so i can only join you for the 9th and 10th only.

I guess Graham has our iternary planned for the 3 days itself. It will be most defintely an awesome trip for us all. ;):DB))

Cheers

Unfortunately my plane back to Australia leaves at 8am on Sunday so I will have to miss that day. :( But I have put aside all of the 9th & 10th for pure toy shopping! B))

Unfortunately my plane back to Australia leaves at 8am on Sunday so I will have to miss that day. :( But I have put aside all of the 9th & 10th for pure toy shopping! B))

Wow Guppy, 8am, thats very early!

You didnt manage to get an evening or afternoon flight?

Cheers

Guys,

some matters need my attention ahead of the shopathon in Jan

hence, it is confirmed that I will not be able to make it

:(

the dates are just too close in my schedule for Jan'04

I regret that I will not be able to be in the good company of all of you.

But still, I will pick up the T-shirts from Graham when I reach HK later in Jan'04

Graham, I will get in touch with you as to the dates of my arrival in HK,

will pick up and pay you for the T-shirts then

please put me down for 1 :)

once again, apologies for my absence.

Noel

Aw shucks, Thats really bad news. But good news Noel is going to Japan to bring us more goodies. Hope you will be there for the next MW HK Shopathon if there is another.

Cheers

Too Bad Noel cannot make it :(

... So here is the latest Update.

Confirmed Members:

Graham.

Wingcomander.

Guppy.

VF-1S Alpha (Paulo)

DemonPlay.

Recon.

Lazyman.

Sebastian.

So we have 8 confirmed members, FOUR wifes and one Baby.

Not 100% Sure:

Neova.

Shawn.

Xtoys (Tony).

I moved Shawn because nobody knows nothing about him...

Edited by Sebastian

maybe we shall hint hint to his gf.  :lol:  :D  :p

Cheers

You guys are not getting anywhere near my girlfriend :angry:

:p

Hmmmm.....maybe this is the real reason that Noel is not coming now........................?

He is too scared to let all of us near his girlfriend! :p:D:lol:

Graham

You're not suppose to expose me like that Graham !

I tot we had a pact

You should know you cant trust your secrets to the Sithlord... specially wen he will be drunk in a bar with a bunch of MW members in less than a month.

Noel, I think you are screwed with the pact...

You better take that plane to HK or all your secrets will be revealed :ph34r:

Anyways Sebastian,

Noel will still be coming to HK ....to meet his gf? but at a much later date, after his shopping and buying is done in Japan Toy Festival.

Hmm....im also wondering.....if what sithlord said is true? :blink::huh::unsure: ...

Anyways, shucks wun be fun with Noel around....well still got you guys..

Cheers

OK fellas, I am leaving for thailand the day after tomorrow so if you want to get in contact with me you can leave a PM here or email me a djgustafson@hotmail.com. I will be staying at the Ramada in HK so you can ask for Daniel Gustafson (my real name, lol! )

I am mega excited about HK (and going to thailand!!) Can't wait to meet all you guys over there for lots of shopping eating and drinking. I have my fingers crossed that there will still be a 1/48 FP 1J around for me to nab. :)

Update!

Confirmed Members:

Graham.

Wingcomander.

Guppy.

VF-1S Alpha (Paulo)

DemonPlay.

Recon.

Lazyman.

Deadzone (looks like he will join us half day).

Sebastian.

So we have 9 confirmed members, FOUR wifes and one Baby.

Not 100% Sure:

Neova.

Xtoys (Tony). I will meet him and Danny (Eternal D) today here in Shanghai and will try to convince him.

I am sorry for Shawn... too bad.

At least he FINALLY changed the picture of MW main page!

OK fellas, I am leaving for thailand the day after tomorrow so if you want to get in contact with me you can leave a PM here or email me a djgustafson@hotmail.com. I will be staying at the Ramada in HK so you can ask for Daniel Gustafson (my real name, lol! )

I am mega excited about HK (and going to thailand!!) Can't wait to meet all you guys over there for lots of shopping eating and drinking. I have my fingers crossed that there will still be a 1/48 FP 1J around for me to nab. :)

Guppy and I will arrive to HK next Janury 5th at 12:30.

I will stay in the Kowloon Hotel, my full name is Sebastian Poli Lauzon in case anybody wants to contact me.

Guppy. You lucky bastard, have fun in Thailand!!!!!