Remaster RT slated for 2004 or

justvinnie

Surprised this hasn't been mentioned here in case anyone is even remotely interested. In my utter boredom, I paid a visit to the RT.com Macross forum, but a news blurb caught my eye. So apparently HG has decided to release a remastered version of RT that will included extended footage from the original series. The audio will also be remixed in 5.1 Dobly Surround. I do believe that there is mayhem in the RT forums due to the previous annoucements by ADV that RT cannot be remastered nor can the audio be remixed. So basically all the fans that bought the legacy sets are screwed.

Me, personally? I don't think this set will sell very well. I might just pick it up once it goes on discount which shouldn't be more than 2 months from release. After all I did grow up on RT. Call it morbid humor.

vinnie

I'm sick of their sh*t. All my Legacy boxes are going up on eBay so I can spend the money on real anime while I wait for the real DVD boxes. There will be another release of remastered Robotech later on with the extras and everything. I'm sure of it. Don't believe their lies and be fooled again.