VF-4 and VF-5000 questions

bullet101

I got 1/72 VF-4 kit from Monsters in Motion. That's only place you can find right now.

http://www.monstersinmotion.com/cart/macross-robotech-item-list-a-z-c-35_152/macross-vf-4-valkyrie-resin-model-hobby-kit-p-134

The kit is a recast of recast of recast, and comes with a horrible copied decal sheet.

Unless you have super model building skill, I would not recommend it.

I'm sorry if this reply not helpfull.

There's a few 1/72 VF-4 kits out there. The Club-M kit is pretty ok, the Musasiya kit is very well detailed for its age, and the Retppu soft vinyl kit is ok-ish if vinyl is your thing (but I hate it)

The closest thing to a 1/72 VF-5000 is the Studio Half-Eye transformable resin kit. It's technically nin-scale, but it's actually damn close to 1/72. For a time, I was working on turning one into a static fighter mode kit, until I realized that the end product was going to look WAY chunkier than it's supposed to be :(

The only other VF-5000 kits I know of are 1/144 fighter and battroid kits by Yellow Submarine

Just keep searching, you may get lucky. I managed to snag an original Musashiya VF-4 from a Hong Kong hobby shop a few years back. I sadly can't remember exactly where it was, though.

2587874510064247675S600x600Q85.jpg

Have you ever checked out the Macross kit auctions on Yahoo Japan Auctions? You might find something rare there, too.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the info and help Jufuemon, there is alot of nice stuff on the yahoo japan link you posted, but, I can't understand a word of it and an online translator really doesn't help.

If you see something interesting on Yahoo Japan Auctions, you can still try and get it through a proxy service. I've used Celga in the past, and liked them. I don't know if they've changed much, but when I used them (about 8-9 years ago) you give them the URL of the auction you're interested in, and the maximum amount you're willing to bid (in yen). Send them a deposit after they say OK, then just sit back and wait. Don't win the auction, they'll either ask if there's another one you'd like to try, or they'll refund you.

If you are interested in a 1/100 transformable VF-4, then check this one out:

http://experten.cocolog-nifty.com/blog/vf4/index.html

Sorry the blog is in Japanese only. But when I first saw it, I have been drooling since. Unfortunately anything Experten produced is only in small quantities and on sale only in Japan at special events (one-day license).

Here's another site you can check:

http://www.e2046.com/product.php?products_id=12117

It appears to be a re-cast of the Experten VF-4. I have placed a pre-order since the beginning of July, 2010. Now, two months later the status is still in pre-order. I have no idea for how much longer I have to wait. This kit is transformable, and even the original Experten kit requires the buyers to get their own machine screws and poly-caps in order to put it together. So perhaps the re-cast also requires the buyers to get their own screws and poly-caps.

If you are interested in a 1/100 transformable VF-4, then check this one out:

http://experten.cocolog-nifty.com/blog/vf4/index.html

Sorry the blog is in Japanese only. But when I first saw it, I have been drooling since. Unfortunately anything Experten produced is only in small quantities and on sale only in Japan at special events (one-day license).

wow.

somebody needs to forward this on to Yamato, I need this as a toy.