Looking for a VF-1* variant, with three head lasers?

Arnkell

Hello, new user, old Macross enthusiast. I'm trying to find out about a rare (to me at least) Veritech that I've seen once in stores and never again since.

A couple of years ago, I saw on the net that one of the official Macross toy producers (forgotten which one) sold a new batch of the original VF-1 fighters, all the usual ones (VF-1A, D, J, S, Max and Milia), but on top of this, it also had an additional version, I think it was called the last of the VF-1 models, the most updated and powerful one.

Its color was Aubergine/purple (not magenta like Brera Sterne's fighter, darker than that), it had three backswept lasers (two on the temples and one big on the top like the VF-1A) and the visor was green, with a wide, hexagonal shape, IIRC. Kind of like the VF-1J's visor, but with one extra angle making out the underside of the visor. It didn't seem like a kitbash, since the head was unique.

I can't remember what it was called, but its origin sounded canon. I've google-searched for every VF-1 letter combo there is, yet haven't seen it again. If I was a better graphic artist I could draw the head with its color, lasers and visor, but I hope the description is enough for you guys.

Does anyone know which variant I'm talking of? I think it was sold in six inch size, whatever scale that is. Around 2004-2005.

To save time, it is not the SV-51 Nora or the VF-11, it was definitely a VF-1 style model. I've looked through the MacrossWorld toy directory, with no luck.

Thankful for response

/Arnkell

YF-1R Varient produced by Toynami for Robotech Masterpiece line.

Not cannon to Macross

Added to cannon for Robotech

Produced for video game (Battlecry) tie in

based off original macross animation error

Here is the link to the Toynami site.

When I saw the picture of the SDF-Macross regulars and then there was this dude standing off to the side, I was like, "Is that... Is that Jack Archer?!?" Lols, indeed, but I started to feel a bit nostalgic. I LOVE Robotech: Battlecry. I may have to buy that one at some point for shiggles.

Ahaaa, cool! That is indeed the one!

Oh, what I wouldn't give to see this model realized in "Macross Zero" or "Macross Frontier" generation, with modernized detail, like how they fixed up the VF-1A's face into the -0A and -25A...

Anyone know if there's been any fanmade artwork done on the YF-1R, beautyshots or anything?

Edited by Arnkell

There's also a Super-Posable of it in the "Battlecry" assortment of Super-Posable figures, with FAST Pack parts. A nice little figure, especially with some panel-line work. But it's rather difficult to obtain.

Hello, new user, old Macross enthusiast. I'm trying to find out about a rare (to me at least) Veritech that I've seen once in stores and never again since.

A couple of years ago, I saw on the net that one of the official Macross toy producers (forgotten which one) sold a new batch of the original VF-1 fighters, all the usual ones (VF-1A, D, J, S, Max and Milia), but on top of this, it also had an additional version, I think it was called the last of the VF-1 models, the most updated and powerful one.

Its color was Aubergine/purple (not magenta like Brera Sterne's fighter, darker than that), it had three backswept lasers (two on the temples and one big on the top like the VF-1A) and the visor was green, with a wide, hexagonal shape, IIRC. Kind of like the VF-1J's visor, but with one extra angle making out the underside of the visor. It didn't seem like a kitbash, since the head was unique.

I can't remember what it was called, but its origin sounded canon. I've google-searched for every VF-1 letter combo there is, yet haven't seen it again. If I was a better graphic artist I could draw the head with its color, lasers and visor, but I hope the description is enough for you guys.

Does anyone know which variant I'm talking of? I think it was sold in six inch size, whatever scale that is. Around 2004-2005.

To save time, it is not the SV-51 Nora or the VF-11, it was definitely a VF-1 style model. I've looked through the MacrossWorld toy directory, with no luck.

Thankful for response

/Arnkell

actually it did show up in a tv episode of macross. wasn't on the screen very long so it could have been and error or something like when they accidentally color something the wrong color.

Probably just the pastel, overly rounded, uber cartoonish crap done by Tommy Yune.

Hey, He may be a 'robotech guy' but Tommy Yune is an excellent artist. His drawings look a lot better than that crap called Macross Frontier manga.

Hey, He may be a 'robotech guy' but Tommy Yune is an excellent artist. His drawings look a lot better than that crap called Macross Frontier manga.

Uh, what?

Tommy Yune's 'artwork' consists of mostly comic-book style characters seen in the 90s, and recycled mecha designs. There's not much there to call original, or even his, really.

Uh, what?

Tommy Yune's 'artwork' consists of mostly comic-book style characters seen in the 90s, and recycled mecha designs. There's not much there to call original, or even his, really.

I mean, his representations of macross characters and mecha.