Destroid Girl Figure Custom

KiriK

So we've seen the VF girl kitbash with various figs, but here's something new! The Destroid Girl kitbash starting with Tomahawk Cammy! I used a cheap Cammy figure that i got from AX and an old matchbox tomahawk and just started putting pieces together. Took me total about 2 hours to take everything apart, figure out how to attach the pieces, drill some new holes and dremel out some pieces.

Overall i think she turned out pretty decent for a 1st attempt at this! I love kitbashing valk girls and now destroid girls! haha... the only sad thing i think about when i'm cutting up pieces is Toy Story and how i'm cannibalizing these figs into new ones... haha... i'm sure they don't mind the upgrade =]

Here are the pics!

Front shot

2010-07-6002.jpg

Side Shot

2010-07-6004.jpg

Back Shot

2010-07-6005.jpg

Straight front shot

2010-07-6008.jpg

Also made an option friction fit crotch armor, but i think i like it better without

2010-07-6010.jpg

Destroid Family!!!

2010-07-6013.jpg

thanks for the comments guys... haha... i wanted to make the arms look like she was holding the cannons instead of making it her arm. It was kinda hard to decide how to connect them, but i may rethink it and try to attach it differently. Don't think i can add shoulder pieces and still make it look right...

If i make any updates, i'll post up new pictures

so i took everyone's comments and thought i'd take a crack at revising my original vision of this figure. I actually did some decent custom work on the new version! here are the changes i made:

-Shaved off destroid arms to attach to Cammy's elbows to make it look more natural elbow joint/cannon

-Attached backplate at higher location

-Custom attached shoulder missiles and custom attached missile hatches on individual hinges

-Shaved down crotch piece to sit lower

the 1st version was actually all friction fit and used peg and holes i made using paper clips to hold everything together. This time, i had to glue the arms in place for more support as well as gluing the custom shoulder missiles to the backplate. So hopefully everyone likes this version better! haha... i don't think i can much else as i've pretty much used every part of the original tomahawk almost.

new pics:

shoulder missile hatches closed

004.jpg

Should missile hatches opened

090.jpg

side view

092.jpg

back view

093.jpg

close up of shoulder missile attachment

096.jpg

095.jpg