New Manga based on Sheryl to come out

Jasonc

That's slightly different than in MF and the animation related publications. In short, they actually spell out the circumstances of the death of not just the mother, but the father, too.

Maybe she did have her husband's last name before she found out he was a scumbag, divorced him, and took her maiden name back. If not for some interesting story, perhaps it's just that the creators wanted to pull character identification, so that we'd know who she is, where she came from.

How about the simplest...she just didn't take her husband's last name. Yes, women do that.

That's slightly different than in MF and the animation related publications. In short, they actually spell out the circumstances of the death of not just the mother, but the father, too.

Talk about a lot of detail...they got killed under a subversion act for not going along with the implants...talk about bending the law...

• 3 months later...

Just picked it up yesterday...I gotta admit, I'm a little disappointed. The first chapter, yes, delves into Sheryl's past, but the second catches up with the main Frontier story pretty quick. I'm not sure if it's a retelling of the movie version, or if it's yet another version of the story, though. The funniest part is definitely the cast of the "Galactic Diva Lynn Minmay" stage show, and the obi on the book, which declares "Atashi no Manga o yome!" ("Read my comic!") The art's a lot better than some of the other Frontier comics, though, that's for sure.

51WI0JFs6NL_SS500_.jpg