Counter-Strike Xbox LIVE

Hoptimus

Hello fellow LIVE players.

I have had my Xbox for about a year and a half now. I have had Xbox LIVE since November last year. I have played only a handfull of LIVE games. Mech Assault(great) Unreal(who dropped the ball on this one?) Phantasy Star Online(excellent) Capcom VS SNK 2 (one of my favorites) Ghost Recon(okay but not my thing)

So far LIVE has been great.

Now I started playing the PC Counter-Strike in January 1999 and stopped in the begining of 2002. Why? Too many cheaters!

So once I heard CS was coming to Xbox Live I was thrilled.

Then there was the waiting...looking at screens...reading previews...

Finally November 19 2003 I got my CS for Xbox.

In one word? Excellent!

Now I am covering Multi Player only. Seriously if you dont have Xbox LIVE then I wouldnt bother with this game. It is all about the teamwork on the Multiplayer side.

Counter-Strike on Xbox is a game that is built for fun.

Graphics 7/10

The graphics on the maps are really nice and the lighting effects are great but the charicter models are low poly count. I understand that the players were kept low to keep the firefights from getting too much slowdown/lag.

Sound 7/10

The 5.1 is nice but the overall sound isnt much better than the PC version but it is adequate.

Music N/R

I didnt rate the Music simply because I turned it off. I cant listen to music while I play this game because I want to hear every gunshot and footstep.

Gameplay 9/10

CS has a nice balance to it with its money system. Now some of my friends that never played CS were like WTF is this. I had to explain to them that this is how the game stays balanced. You use the money you earn from Team victorys and kills to buy better weapons and armor. I also like the fact that the map determines what CT team and what T team you are. Makes for a more unified team play! That is what this game is about. For 90% of my games my teams were sticking together and formulating plans. The other 10% of the time when there was no teamwork we got hosed. Team work is the key to this game.

Controls 8/10

The controls and aiming were great. I just used the default but cranked the look sensativity to high and I was fine. I do like the fast look option also.

Fun Factor 10/10

As soon as I hopped into my first game all of the rush came back! I bought some ammo and ran with my team on the airstrip map to stop the Terrorists from planting the bomb. Took out 2 T's in my first minute. I proceeded to play the game for 5 hours after that. I havent had this much fun and cooperation on a Xbox LIVE game to date.

Overall 9/10

Overall is mainly reflecting the FUN factor of this game. Hopefully we get an Xbox exclusive CS sequel with improvements to the areas I noted.

;)

How many players does the X-Box version support on a server? How do you create a server of your own, or are the servers all provided for you?

16 on a dedicated.

10 on a host.

You can create your own when you log onto LIVE. Either Dedicated or Host

There are going to be alot of dedicated servers from what I understand.

I don't know, I just could never get into CS on any platform. Even without the cheaters, it's still just a glorified deathmatch, in most games. Plus, all the weapons that should be good suck, and the ones that should suck are the good ones. I guess it's because people pick eht RL good weapons too much, or something. I just ccan't stand empting an entire AK at point blank and not killing the S.O.B.

Did anyone here play Halo on Xbox? It controls the same. Hell it has a bit of a nicer feel to it.

Xbox LIVE has the headset you dont need a keyboard. Plus with everyone on a controller the play field is even.

I played the PC version from Jan 99 to Feb 2002 and stopped because the cheating was out of control.

Xbox LIVE = No cheating.

The new maps are awesome and some of the old ones now sport completley retextured in 24-32 bit glory textures.

Well if anyone here has CS for Xbox or buys it look me up, my gamertag is MilkManX ;)