1/60 V2 VE-1 tiny QC

Gunpod71

Hey guys just wanna share a minor QC issue on the 1/60 V2 Elintseeker. Not sure if this happened to anybody yet..

VE-1004.jpg

I was installing the arm mounted radar and noticed the tabs weren't flush on the arm itself..

VE-1001.jpg

VE-1002.jpg

Checked the manual and found the actual tabs was screwed on the wrong way as you can see the pic in the manual....

VE-1005.jpg

VE-1006.jpg

Just grab a philips screw driver and...

VE-1007.jpg

Tada!

Edited by Gunpod71

Actually, that part is meant to rotate on that screw when it goes from Fighter to Battroid mode. No real surgery was needed, unless the screw on your particular radar dish was too tight.

Actually, that part is meant to rotate on that screw when it goes from Fighter to Battroid mode. No real surgery was needed, unless the screw on your particular radar dish was too tight.

Yeah it was really tight. Had to loosen the screw to rotate it. Oh and I ended up getting two right leg side armor in this box.. aaargh

Edited by Gunpod71

cool... the site looks like it did before the upgrade...

Hey guys just wanna share a minor QC issue on the 1/60 V2 Elintseeker. Not sure if this happened to anybody yet..

VE-1004.jpg

I was installing the arm mounted radar and noticed the tabs weren't flush on the arm itself..

i actually just leave it like that, coz if you mount the tabs flush on the arm it'll be a b!tch to take off... and you're gonna want to take it off when you transform it to b-mode.

i actually just leave it like that, coz if you mount the tabs flush on the arm it'll be a b!tch to take off... and you're gonna want to take it off when you transform it to b-mode.

While I agree, those parts get really hard to take off... there's absolutely no reason to take them off for transformation. The part rotates so you don't ever have to remove it (for transformation purposes).

While I agree, those parts get really hard to take off... there's absolutely no reason to take them off for transformation. The part rotates so you don't ever have to remove it (for transformation purposes).

yes, but for me, removing that part makes it easier to transform.

Haha, man that must suck. Anyways, I had the same problem with the radar package and I just put it on backwards and left it at that. I don't transform the thing anyways. :rolleyes:

Looks perfectly fine with a pair of micro missiles and 4 reaction missiles.

Haha, man that must suck. Anyways, I had the same problem with the radar package and I just put it on backwards and left it at that. I don't transform the thing anyways. :rolleyes:

You have 2 of the same leg armor?

Edited by Gunpod71

yes, but for me, removing that part makes it easier to transform.

Yeah I agree I had a problem trying to trans form it with it on even after I rotated it. kept getting caught on the legs.

Oh yeah just to remind you be carefull with the missile pods as the wing hardpoint is rather tight and will break the nub off the missile pod when you try to take it off had that happen to me thye should have molded the holes a bit larger.

VE-1008.jpg

I'm wondering how on earth yamato could put 2 same side of leg armors since it hardly can fit into the plastic tray?

Radar package.

How did Yamato's assembly staff manage to squize 2 radars in the plastic tray?

Oh yeah just to remind you be carefull with the missile pods as the wing hardpoint is rather tight and will break the nub off the missile pod when you try to take it off had that happen to me thye should have molded the holes a bit larger.

yeah, i had a nub break off on one of my missile boxes... now i'm super careful whenever i take them off. although, i don't think i'd want bigger holes coz only the missile boxes seem to be super tight and i don't want it to be like on my VF-0A where the missiles fall off at the slightest touch.

How did Yamato's assembly staff manage to squize 2 radars in the plastic tray?

i don't think he mentioned he got 2 radars... i think he just said he had the same problem w/ the radar pack that attaches to the left arm.